Profile Picture

replacement dizzy

Posted By bayboy 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (35 reputation)Normally aspirated (35 reputation)Normally aspirated (35 reputation)Normally aspirated (35 reputation)Normally aspirated (35 reputation)Normally aspirated (35 reputation)Normally aspirated (35 reputation)Normally aspirated (35 reputation)Normally aspirated (35 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
has any boby fit or modified a dizzy from a 351 Windsor sb with electronic ignition for a yblk  ??? or would it even work  or does it rotate in the wrong direction   
charliemccraney
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Yep, it's been done.  Do a search for duraspark and quite a few topics should come up.  Here's one to get you started.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic5574-1.aspx

Lawrenceville, GA
2721955meteor
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Have done several they work great,as the site states later y block dist are easey as dura spark stuf swaps easy.. i have converted the early style(1st type with cent advance) buy useing the upper portion of the 302 cuting the shaft and welding to the y shaft as the 302 shaft is 2 short.it was more work than makes sense. turne 1in of y shaft down and driled 302 shaft presed together  then miged th joint..was telling mark about my  eforts and he told me about the site and we have since converted  3 of them the easey way.The rewards of this site are excelent, especialey great when the experts put on drawings and wireing inst.  cliff
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
The expert that Cliff is referring to is Steve Metzger aka "Greenbird".  If you want to do a Duraspark conversion search out his posts.  You won't be disapointed.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
Kahuna
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
What is the advantage to this conversion?
lowrider
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I converted mine to Duraspark on my 57 Ford 292 a few years ago. Starting and idling were greatly improved on mine and runs great driving down the road. I picked up the factory wiring loom when I gathered up parts to do the conversion so the installation looks almost factory installed. Haven't had a bit of trouble with it out here in the AZ. heat. X2 on Greenbirds knowledge on this conversion.

Dan      Kingman Az.      86409
charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
The biggest benefit, if you stick to Duraspark, or Duraspark / GM Hei hybrid, is that you can find replacement parts practically anywhere.
You can also use the Duraspark distributor components to trigger pretty much any aftermarket ignition box.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter