Profile Picture

1956 Y-Block Dual Quads

Posted By DryLakesRacer 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
With almost 6 months of running, still the best thing I ever did. Hear it run on You Tube.. Search Ford Y-Block w/dual quads. Made the tape after finally synchronizing the carbs with a UniSyn adapted for the WCFB's. They were a little off and even now.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 minutes ago
Here it is.

Lawrenceville, GA
DryLakesRacer
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Thanks Charlie...That was my first YouTube (maybe last) so I didn't know how to get it here...JD

YBLOCKMERC
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Bravo!

Marc
'54 Merc ragtop
Pt Townsend, WA   
      http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e83cf74f-a3dc-4e1a-a928-8075.jpg                                                                                                                             

Rowen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Just watched yer video drylakesracer, n all I can say is ... Yeeeehawww!!!!! Very NICE!!

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
RocketsGarage
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I know this is an older thread bits been an inspiration for the currant motor that's about to go into a '55 wagon. Thank you.

Question. Because the Edelbrock intake doesn't have a factory coil mount provision what'd you do to mount to coil in the stock spot? Off the carb base?  
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 minutes ago
You could make a bracket to mount it via the carb studs.  You could make a bracket that mounts via a couple intake bolts.  You could also have bosses welded onto the intake, in the stock location.  Or find a place to mount it on the fender or firewall.  If you can figure out a way to do it using existing holes or bolt locations, you can mount it without having to drill any sheet metal.  For instance, on my truck, I have an alternator so an external regulator is no longer needed so i used the regulator location as a mounting point for a bracket to hold my ignition box.

Lawrenceville, GA
RocketsGarage
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)Supercharged (97 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Yes, I'm thinking I'll mount it off the carb base but was just wondering what exactly he did because it looks so good and I have almost the exact same setup. 
DryLakesRacer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Wow! What treat to see this old post. I cannot believe it's been 3 years since I did it. I have not adjusted the carbs since I set them with the unisyn back then; I've over 6000 miles on this set up.

As said, I made the bracket out of aluminum I believe .040" since I have it for my sons oval dirt car. I took a few photos and for the most part it is held on by the rear carb studs. The rear stud is also for the ballast resistor which I choose to run with the Pertronics ll. You can see it has 2 bends 90* each and cut about 1/2 off under the coil. If you look under where the high voltage wire goes in the coil you will see a screw with a nut. That is going into the stock supplied hole that was in the manifold for the coil to stand up. It is the brace to keep the coil mount steady.
Around the edges you see, I took a hammer and with my bench vice bent over the edge on all the sides but ones going up to the carb to make it stiffer. I also thought if it was a stamped steel part they would have made that way.

I painted it silver to kind of make it blend in. The big red air filter hides mast all of it any way. Many times I've wanted the 2 small ones like are buddies at GM used but just can't do it. Rockets show some photos when your done and I hope you have as much good luck as I have had.

My UniSyn is mounted to a Holley carb cover. The adapter is plastic for a WCFB/Rochester 4GC to a larger 7-1/4" air cleaner bottom with RTV. All of it from E-Bay.

DryLakesRacer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Opps, you need to do a little metal "fine tuning" between the two carb studs to miss all the carb linkage on that side of the carb. I probably had it on and off a few times and did make one out of cardboard to get the heights right.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter