Profile Picture

32 Ford Y-block

Posted By thundercat 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
side view  of cutout for tie-rod    ...  also in pic is how I finish headers   I weld to flange from inside , then diegrind to match,  then bolt to an old head.and fill outside seam with brass  before coating or paint  ... [ I think it makes them look better  , just my opinion]..  also in pic is the extended engine mount...I flat spotted the block and drilled 3/8 NC  for 3rd bolt..i thought the two original bolts were too much of cantilevered ahead so headers would fit.. Regards  Steve McD [thundercat] 

Mars , Pennsylvania

Attachments
DSCN0894.JPG (426 views, 135.00 KB)
thundercat
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

I used a T-Bird pan   but altered the front  with a piece of bent metal.  [Disregard the caved in pan bottom where my engine hoist flipped while moving]  I needed clearance for mini- rack & pinion...I tried a truck pan it will also work by cutting front as I did but you probably would have to install gates...  side view photo on next reply[ wont let me attach 2]..Regards  Steve McD

Mars , Pennsylvania

Attachments
DSCN0891.JPG (458 views, 135.00 KB)
slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Steve, what are you using for an oil pan?
Had a phone call today from a bloke in NSW who is putting a Y back in an
early 60's built '32 and he is having clearance problems, it has an FJ steering box. 
He is looking for a TBird pan.
He has spoken to the original builder, but he can't remember what he used way back then.
Thanks, Al.

Great looking rod btw    8^)

South Australia

thundercat
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I made the headers .   Started with a set of unwelded "Scrub" headers .  added about 3/4" to each of the center of outside tubes  and added  a small turn at bottom of each tube  before collector to clear frame .  would have liked to make them longer but too much stuff in way..  Object was to be able to put hood and sides on ..     Took more time than you would think  but I enjoy such projects..  engine sets low enough to install a 4-71 under hood in future ..I bought one of the "Y-Bloke "  intakes.....  That will be a challenge with clearance issues also...Until them Ill enjoy driving the car a lot.. Regards Steve McD

Mars , Pennsylvania

Talkwrench
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
NICE!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/02c74785-3ce2-4b80-a66c-f31f.jpg

"Came too close to dying to stop living now!"
paul2748
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Looks great.  What are the headers, custom??

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

thundercat
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Finally finished my Yblock install in my 32 Ford.. Took longer than I had planed .Had to fab a lot of items..Still have some brackets to make , fine tune, cleanup some wiring and wire up the MSD 6A box.Run & sounds good.  Had out for ride last night and got lotsof looks & comments on it being a Ford Y 312..Very pleased with outcome..  THANKS to ALL on this site for info and guidance..Regards Steve McD        One picture attached and a closeup of engine already on this site on " Cams that fit  312"    Stuff that Fits listing..

Mars , Pennsylvania

Attachments
DSCN1102.JPG (505 views, 499.00 KB)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter