Profile Picture

No PM notifications nor emails or subscriptios

Posted By 56_Fairlane 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
For whatever reason I don't get PM notifications, I don't emails sent from other members sent through here nor do I get updates to threads I've subscribed to. This has been going on for at least a year. I've checked and rechecked my settings, changed email addresses and still nothing. I love this site but this issue really upsets me. I've never found an answer nor replying to threads that have these issues have not resolved a thing.
Why does something so crucial continue to plague me? I don't have this problem anywhere else.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
I performed a reset to your account.  Let’s see if that makes a difference.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

56_Fairlane
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

I don't think it worked. I subscribed to this thread and I didn't get any notification that you had replied to it.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
charliemccraney
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Notifications haven't worked for me in a long time, probably 2 or 3 software upgrades ago.

Lawrenceville, GA
56_Fairlane
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

So is this ever going to get fixed? It seems the only way I know if I get a PM or if I thread I following gets replies is to visit the site over and over and check directly. I guess I can forget emails sent to me by other members that go through the site.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
I took a quick look at the behind the scenes code for the email and private messaging and saw some “SMPT” references that may not be correct.  With the site relocating to different servers over the last few years, there’s a good chance that the correct server is not being referenced in the code.  Not knowing anything about the current server, I’m clueless at this point.  I’ll let Jim know what I find and see what he can come up with.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

NoShortcuts
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Like DJ, my sense is that the Forum email system is not working for me, too.

I replied at length to a Forum system email I received from a member a while ago and was surprised (based upon what I wrote) to hear nothing back.
Previously, too, I've attempted to contact three other regular Forum participants using the Forum email option and received no reply.  

Based upon threads I've followed in our Classified section, others have sent emails or PMs and subsequently the seller has indicated that they did not receive what was sent.  

Last night I used the Forum email to send a message to Vic Correnti and IF he gets it, I'm sure that he'll reply.  Vic's Forum account did not have a PM option or I would have used that as well.

I mention having sent an email to Vic last night with the thought that perhaps that communication can be used for tracking purposes.  Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
NoShortcuts (11/6/2014)
Like DJ, my sense is that the Forum email system is not working for me, too.

I replied at length to a Forum system email I received from a member a while ago and was surprised (based upon what I wrote) to hear nothing back.
Previously, too, I've attempted to contact three other regular Forum participants using the Forum email option and received no reply.  

Based upon threads I've followed in our Classified section, others have sent emails or PMs and subsequently the seller has indicated that they did not receive what was sent.  

Last night I used the Forum email to send a message to Vic Correnti and IF he gets it, I'm sure that he'll reply.  Vic's Forum account did not have a PM option or I would have used that as well.

I mention having sent an email to Vic last night with the thought that perhaps that communication can be used for tracking purposes.  Smile

Me too, and I just thought maybe my questions didn't deserve a response.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
56_Fairlane
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Maybe this will get some attention since these features are a vital link between members. Luckily I check the site almost daily so I can see if someone sent me a PM or see if posts I've been following got new replies.
Posting your e-mail address in a thread to have someone reply to you directly is a bad idea. I won't do it and I would discourage anyone from doing so. You're opening yourself up to some terrible abuse from unscrupulous individuals out there. There are even "bots" out there that scan websites looking for email addresses and phone numbers.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
NoShortcuts
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
56_Fairlane (11/6/2014)
Maybe our comments will get some attention since these features are a vital link between Forum members.

Posting your e-mail address in a thread to have someone reply to you directly is a bad idea.
- You're opening yourself up to abuse from unscrupulous individuals out there.
- There are even "bots" out there that scan websites looking for email addresses and phone numbers.

GooD points, DJ.  THANKS for starting this thread! 

I'm thinking this issue is not new, but I suspect that all our members are not experiencing it.  Not unlike what was experienced with our last software modification, I think that individuals with different computers (PCs and Apple products), different operating systems, AND different Internet providers may have different issues, OR no issues!   Crazy

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York

Reading This Topic

Site Meter