Profile Picture

No PM notifications nor emails or subscriptios

Posted By 56_Fairlane 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am very hesitant to select my email in the public email option. It may become visible to everyone, even to those who are not registered and that can open up yourself to scammers. If there was a way to make it only available to other members or even only to friends on the site, then I would be OK with it.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Ted when you first asked for someone to try sending a PM I clicked on your profile.  You do not have a PM button.  Mine is next to the follow button. I thought you would be one of the more sought after PM recipients so I thought that you may have disabled that function so as to fave some free space on your computer.  I looked again today and there is still no PM button on your profile.
Mark

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
I noticed my own email and PM’ing were not working so I’ve done the following to see if it makes a difference.
While logged in, went to the ‘gear’ in the upper right, selected ‘edit profile’, selected ‘Contact’, and then scrolled down and added my email address at the Public email line.  I suspect without an email address in that spot, private messaging will not work so I’ll be the test case.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
lyonroad (11/11/2014)

Ted, NoShortcuts and I successfully exchanged PM's. Is that what you were asking for?

Thanks Mark
That is indeed what I’m asking.  With at least two of you communicating via PM’s, then the system is at least functional to some degree.  With this piece of information, then time will not be spent looking in the wrong direction in which to make the email and PM functions work as they should.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

56_Fairlane
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I've gotten PMs in this site but I haven't received an email notifying me that I ever had one. I would have never known I had any unless by chance I clicked on the gear icon next to my user name.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
miker
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I've successfully sent PM, back and forth. But, I've got to sign in to see the inbox has a "new", and then go there. I don't think I've ever gotten or asked for notifications on any site, so I never missed them.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ted (11/10/2014)

If there’s a forum member out there that can send an email or private message through the site, simply post that here so I can look at this from a different direction.  In the meantime, I’ll simply pass this on to Jim and let him know.

Ted, NoShortcuts and I successfully exchanged PM's. Is that what you were asking for?

Thanks Mark

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
Delta, British Columbia
NoShortcuts
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Mark.
After reading your input in the thread regarding the Forum email and PM issue, I signed in. 

An envelope showed next to my Forum handle and I toggled it.  Your note was there.  The heading with the PM indicates that it was sent two days ago.  At my time of writing this, it is ~6:30 pm on Tuesday here in the Eastern time zone.

While I regularly check the Forum web site each day, I do not always sign in, Mark.  Hence the delay in seeing your PM.
I'll send you a PM back to see IF it works both ways.

THANKS for your efforts to get this issue worked through.  Much appreciated!

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

NoShortcuts, I sent you a PM yesterday just to test as Ted requested.  No reply today so I am guessing (not assuming) that PM's are not working.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
Delta, British Columbia
Outlaw56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Nothing new to me either, I used to sign up to get email notifications to threads I subscribed to but not for a long time. I tried everything and nothing has worked. I finally just gave up.

Darrell Howard Whitefish, MT Outlaw 56 Ford F-100's

Reading This Topic

Site Meter