Profile Picture

COLUMBUS 2014 ?

Posted By Ol Ford Guy 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
What happened at Columbus this year?  I didn't make it and am wondering who did what.

Paul J. - '57 E Code
RB
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Greg Dietrich wins the shootout..... AGAIN.. this time over Frank Rice.

In other news.. Harry Hutton's new motor powers his 60 Merc to 12.90's   Harry is smiling  

I collected my first 9 sec time slip in the WarBird with a best of 9.94 133 mph

Sunday brackets and Y Block shootout were rained out.. 

There is more news but that is all I can recall for now   I think we had 20 cars in the group. Charlie took a lot of pictures and video so he can fill in the details.

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 days ago
Paul:

Car count was way down this year, on Friday there were more Y cars than all the rest.  Not much was scheduled for Friday anyway, tech and time trials.  Saturday was to be two time trials, and a gambler's race with an extra $50 entry fee.  They didn't have enough cars and enough takers on the fee to even have that race.  We got the Y race in, Greg Dietrich won again, Frank Rice was runner up.  Sunday we woke up to heavy rain and predictions of 90% chance of rain.  Most left the track before the track officially called it.  Bob Martin called me this morning saying the track said keep your receipt you got when you came in,  the $100 entries will be worth $75 next year.  I don't know how any of  the other entries will be pro-rated.  I know this doesn't affect you, Paul, but others will read this post and get the message in case they miss Bob's call.  And to satisfy your curiosity, I redlighted second round against Robin Church.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
Ol Ford Guy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)

Thanks Royce and John....Harry went 12.90...WOW

Paul J. - '57 E Code
Glen Henderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I ran my best time ever at Columbus Sat morning, 12.74 with a .09 reaction time during time trials. BUT I went red in first round against Rick Martin. By the way it was good to see Rick back at the track with a car this year. Deb and I had a great time just seeing everyone again, and I want to think Gary for giving my little sis a ride in his bird, she was still talking about it when we got her home in Huntsville.

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
Ol Ford Guy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Royce,
Congrats on getting in the 9's with the War Bird, that has to be a rush. 

Paul J. - '57 E Code
pintoplumber
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I know it isn't much, but I also had a personal best. 16.93 @ 80.99

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
MoonShadow
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Not much! Are you kidding Dennis. That's great for a small block pickup. Every year you chip away a bit more. I bet you grinned all the way home. Sorry I couldn't be there to see it. Next year! Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Canadian Hot Rodder
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Congrats to all on their accomplishments!!! Hope all had a safe trip home as well!!!

Sorry I couldn't make it this year, as it just wasn't in the budget. Plus I had to park Old Vicky early this year as it seems she has finally gotten tired after 13 years of pounding and abuse!!! (Not bad for a stock Y!) She has developed a bad knock after warm up and when she is over 3000 RPM. Oil pressure is still good, but after a conversation with Ted, feel it might be a cracked piston. Oh well, on the bright side, I think it is time to melt the plastic and invest in some good old John Mummert parts!!!  John, I will be calling you shortly about an engine kit!!!

Hope to see you all next year!!! Wink  

I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning!

Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
Ol Ford Guy (9/1/2014)
What happened at Columbus this year?  I didn't make it and am wondering who did what.

Paul. We missed you as well as some of the other regulars this year.

Ditto on what John mentions about the ticket stub.  For those of you that still have them, they are worth $75 towards next years entry fee.

And added to John’s reply above, Robin Church took me out in the first round.  It was going to be tough to top a good light on his side of the tree as well as running right on his dial.  As a result, Robin got the bounty that was on my head.  The Quick 16 class was a different story though where I did qualify in the top half of the field and made it to the quarter-finals which was worth a little cash.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter