Profile Picture

Ignition switch

Posted By johns55ford 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have a 1955 Ford Crown Vic. I want to change the ignition switch but cannot figure out how to get the key cylinder out of the ignition switch. Any ideas? JDH

JDH: 1955 Ford car, I have switched from 6 volts to 12 volts. Every thing working on 12 volts except now I have no brake lights, no turn signals. I have 12 volts at the brake cylinder. Where have I gone wrong? Turn signals worked on right hand side of car for a short time but quit.
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Its been a while since I have done this but as I recall, you depress the small brass pin, (with the key in I think) and then turn the key until you can remove the cylinder.  Sorry i can't remember it exactly so you may have to experiment with turning the key to find the release point. Good luck.

PS JDH, I may have incorrectly assumed that you have the ignition switch removed from the dash.  If my assumption was in fact incorrect you will need to do that.  Reach behind the dash and pull the switch towards you to release some tension on the spring that hold the switch tight.  Then turn the small insert in the middle of the switch about a quarter turn and the switch bezel should then pop off and the switch can be removed from the back. Then you can remove the key cylinder.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
miker
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
And disconnect the battery first.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Y block Billy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I just removed one on a 56 and thought that you had to have the key in the accessory position before depressing the button but as it turned out it had to be in the on position.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

Reading This Topic

Site Meter