Profile Picture

56 f 350 a new project

Posted By pintoplumber 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I think I need a larger tip. The primer/surface sprayed well out of the gun, but when I cleaned IMMEDIATELY after shooting, the paint had already formed a thin film on the interior of the cup and the main cavity that leads to the fluid tip was all gunked up with hardened primer. I "think" that my 1.4 is not letting enough material through (or only thinner material) and the thicker material is just sitting back inside the gun itself. What a mess to clean up!!! I don't know, maybe I used too much hardener? but I thought I had the 4:1:1 ratio right in the cup.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Daniel, I have sprayed gallons of high build 2K primer with a 1.5 tip and not too many issues.  Perhaps you need a slower acting reducer.

Also you can try a 4:1:1.5 mix.  (1.5 reducer.

Good luck

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
pintoplumber
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

I haven't posted a while on the truck. I hurt my back picking the last of my lima beans, so I didn't get any work done in november. My older brother helped me put the camper in the garage, and the truck cab came out. It's primered outside and I think I can cover it to survive the winter.

The frame is on the trailer, I have to unload it every time I take a load of water heaters to the scrap yard. About every 2 months.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
pintoplumber
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Here's pictures of the body work. A lot of dings in the cab, it was a farm truck.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
pintoplumber
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Some more.

57 Victoria
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (16 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (16 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (16 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (16 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (16 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (16 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (16 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (16 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (16 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Just curious, is there a difference in cab size between F100, 350 and 600, or is it the same cab but on a bigger heavier duty frame?
Cheers, Steve.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

I did a 56 F100 for my dad back in the early 90's. It was the same size cab as the F350. I also had a 54 in college that I had purchased to do a full resto on but I had to sell it to pay my bill and stay in school (I hated selling that thing!!! It had a rebuilt 239 and 3 deuces sitting in the frame!)

I think the only difference in cabs is the COE design which is really a different animal altogether.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

pintoplumber
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The frame on the 350 is heavier than a 100. The wheelbase is 20" longer. The front fender wheel openings are bigger on the 600. The cab size is the same.

lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
pintoplumber (11/20/2014)
 The front fender wheel openings are bigger on the 600. The cab size is the same.

That would look cool on a F100 with those rat rod type 20"+ wheels.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
pintoplumber
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I got some work done over the holidays. I got the inside of the cab sanded and primered and the 1st coat of high build primer on the outside of the cab. No picture of that yet.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter