Profile Picture

Family trip to the USA

Posted By ian57tbird 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
 photo IMG_0308_zpsb8d32c22.jpg
Hi guys
Thought it would be good to share our trip around the USA on the forum.

We started four weeks ago driving down to San Diego with the rental and proceeded to look for a trailer and a truck to pull it. It took me over two weeks to find a truck and trailer and another 5 days to check and fix things to get ready for the trip so hopefully to not have any breakdowns. Yes I know it is a Chevy pulling it, but I've had a good run with them in the past. The plan was to get started a week earlier but pickings were very slim.

Our first stop was Joshua Tree NP. After crossing into Arizona we had a tire go with tread separation so at the next main town we got a couple of new tires for the rear. After getting everything sorted we went to Jerome an historic mining town then up to Grand Canyon later that day. A couple of days later we went to Canyon De Chelley and we just arrived today in Albuquerque NM. In a few days we will be heading to Santa Fe.
Hopefully will give an update next time I have time to stop in at Starbucks for the internet.

Ian.

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Family trip to the USA By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Good stuff, Ian. Hope you're enjoying yourselves. Rob is in California... By rick55 ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ian, I doubt if you will get as far east as New Hampshire but if you... By MoonShadow ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hey Rick, I think Rob should be in San Diego now, the week after we... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post We spent the 4th of July in Santa Fe and went to see the big fireworks... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ian; You are really making the rounds. GREAT looking RV to tour the... By Rono ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post After I did the last post I went back into the truck stop and there... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Some more images from the truck stop, By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sorry to hear about your tow vehicle Ian. A few years ago a lot of... By lyonroad ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ian - hope your pump probs get settled soon! I've had the same... By GREENBIRD56 ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post I don't know if anyone has mentioned but Flying J truck stops have... By MoonShadow ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks for the tips/advice guys I'll definitely take them onboard.... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Glad you are back on the road. What turned out to be the problem? By lyonroad ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post As I suspected it was the fuel pump that failed. By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ian; Hope the rest of your trip is trouble free! Rono By Rono ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post I especially hope there is no more problems as well Ron. When to... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post If your headed to Illinois maybe you could check this one out on EBAY.... By MoonShadow ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Chuck the TBird sounds interesting but maybe suffering from neglect a... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Some pictures from Minter's Thunderbirds. By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post That's why the Minters get the big money. They are probably the best... By MoonShadow ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Interestingly he told me to not take the body off the chassis as it... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ian, I want to pass along something you may not be aware of. If... By Ol Ford Guy ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post And while you are there amuse yourself on this website... By snowcone ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Since my last post we spent the day in St Louis looking at the sites... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Some pics from the Meltdown drags. Tom waiting... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hey Ian, How was your visit to Madison County, update us a little on... By Ol Ford Guy ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi Ian hows it going? today is my first day back at work ; (... By Talkwrench ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post "the trip over and back sucks.." Tell me about it. I once flew from... By Jimz Bird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Nice one Jim lol Kings Cross ; o P ... By Talkwrench ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hope you enjoyed yourself Rob. Yes as Paul mentioned we had to go to... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]ian57tbird (7/29/2014)[/b][hr] In Wyoming we went to Cody... By lyonroad ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]ian57tbird (7/29/2014)[/b][hr]Hope you enjoyed yourself Rob.... By Meandean ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post OOhh the grand titties! Might have to have a "slide night" Ian... By Talkwrench ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sorry my mistake. Too many I's and too many states. I was in Idaho... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post The T-shirt is a joke. Idaho = potatoes. Ohio = Buckeyes. We have... By jrw429 ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post We did Hot August Nights and it was an amazing display of all... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Wow that looks nice. It looks like it has dual water outlets to the... By lyonroad ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post That's a great lookin rig. Just needs slightly wider rears,.sorry... By Talkwrench ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post More than slightly, those rears need to be at least twice as wide as... By snowcone ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post FWIW, this car has 4 pages in the October 14 issue of Street Rodder.... By miker ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post It's been awhile since the last post but we did a couple of days in... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post He couldn't wait a week..pfft! I didn't see too much for sale... By Talkwrench ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post I haven't posted on our trip for a while but we finally returned home... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Welcome home Ian.. Your gonna get the "come down" soon .. wishing you... By Talkwrench ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post They're the ones. I'm kicking myself. By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post This frank is Frank Stubbs? By pegleg ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yes Frank and Cathy Stubbs. By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post He's well known in the Y-block world, reproduced the F code air... By pegleg ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post In Tacoma Washington with Fords, Mercurys and Marc's red... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well we have been back over a month now so I should probably finish... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post All that way and it happened just before you leave! lucky the van... By Talkwrench ( 10 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter