Profile Picture

Drag Times

Posted By Hollow Head 10 Years Ago
Rated 2 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
I must be missing something I didn' t think reaction time affects ET.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
If you are half a second late coming out of the hole, you will be half a second late going through the traps.

South Australia

Vic Correnti
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

As I understand it the ET starts when you trip a beam that is something like 21 inches in front of the stage light. If you set there for three seconds it does not affect the ET because the ET does not start when the light is green but when you cross the beam. The reaction time only comes into play if you are racing against another car. When staged you are not where the 1/4 is starting from or timed from.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Vic Correnti (6/21/2014)
As I understand it the ET starts when you trip a beam that is something like 21 inches in front of the stage light. If you set there for three seconds it does not affect the ET because the ET does not start when the light is green but when you cross the beam. The reaction time only comes into play if you are racing against another car. When staged you are not where the 1/4 is starting from or timed from.

Thanks Vic, i did not realize that, i assumed that it started when light turned green.

South Australia

Vic Correnti
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Seppo, 7th on the list is pretty good with a pump gas, thru the mufflers, street legal steel 3200 lb car. 50 years ago when I bought it and raced it times were in the low 14's, how techonolgy has changed things.

Glen Henderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
BUT you got that laughing GAS stuff Vic; so you are cheating!

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
Vic Correnti
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Not anymore with the Eaton Y motor. I still have the NOS setup just in case the need arises. I don't want to put a cage in the car so no faster then 11.5.

Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
I'm with John (Hoosier Hurricane) on the reaction times.  If reaction times were to be considered, then some bonafide statistics would need to be used meaning a valid 'n' number and putting a standard deviation into the mix.  In my case, I run my cars in both electronic and non-electronic classes which by itself makes for a bimodal distribution of the values for each vehicle that's being raced.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

LordMrFord
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Founded this...

http://www.tbucketplans.com/y-block-ford-t-bucket/ 

Ted Kramer -27 T Ford / 312 / 6 x Strömberg / early sixties / 11.56

Hyvinkää, FI
Hollow Head
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Ted, Vic and all... Reaction times really should be calculated only without any electronic help, so times with delay boxes should be left out BigGrin. As you can see, we don't use one and also throttle stops are on our black list. Even, that we are brackett racing in our Super Pro ET class, where those would be helpful. (or PITA, thus more variations in settings...) Also, I don't count 1/4 times assumed by 1/8 mile times as those are not real. Car can run strong 1/8 but then lose power towards end or have a poor start and then run like a hell at the end... Buzz is thus only at the1/8 list.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e3fd9a79-e7c3-47ff-a648-8cd5.jpg Seppo from Järvenpää, Finland
www.hollowheads.net (just click the hole in the head to proceed)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter