Profile Picture

4-71 Blower Intake from AUS

Posted By thundercat 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I just received in mail on Friday my 4-71 Intake from Lindsay "YBloke" Shoemaker . I'm very pleased with the Quality .I Now can continue with my project  Blown  322" Y in 32 Ford.    He must be selling a few as the invoice is marked  #17  ....  Regards Steve McD

Mars , Pennsylvania

Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Steve;

I guess he ships to the states unlike the guy selling the stainless 55-57 T Bird headers. Can you somehow post a picture of the intake? I think he was making some changes to the blow off valve location last time I saw one. I may consider one of these intakes in the future so I can put the hood sides back on my 37 coupe.

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

thundercat
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

I will try to post pics  . He now is using the pop-off made by BDS [Blower Drive Service  California I believe]   Only on passengers side..  I had a blower on a 351C years ago and it used there system and I had no problems with it..   also purchased the carb adapter plate.. it is drilled to mount a 4V on top of the 4-71 OR  directly onto  intake if you had a need to run that way..  The intake was $975   , adapter $125     and shipping was $125 +  1/2 of the Paypal $20  for $145 total S/H   .  He sent on 5-5-2014   I received in Pa.  on Friday 5-16-2014 .. ..Im satisfied very much .. He also was a pleasure to deal with  also  Steve McD...

Mars , Pennsylvania

thundercat
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

My pictures must be too big  .  Would only let m upload one .  if you email me I will send more. Steve McD

Mars , Pennsylvania

MoonShadow
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
That's cleaner looking than the one he put on mine. Ditto on the quality. I found that the drive snout needed to be 9" long. I found a 7" and a 2" spacer. I can also provide information on the pulleys, I used 80mm to keep things a bit quieter.  Are you mounting accessory pulleys? I have some pictures of the crank pulley adapter I had made. Will be home late tomorrow and could put them up on Wednesday. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Here is a couple of pics from a few months ago, when he first had them finished.

South Australia

thundercat
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ill try to upload pics of the drive adapter I had one of my friends make for me..  Its a Powerbond steel damper with 4 xtra holes drilled on bolt circle of existing pair of bolt holes  6 total with allen bolts  .made OD snug fit in damper . uses 2" pilot for pulley.  Currently have pulley for 2" Gilmer belt but might end up with a pair of V-belts.  ill make the pulleys.. Ihave very little room in front of engine.  Tranny too big to move /engine back any more without lots of work..  Steve McD

Mars , Pennsylvania

Attachments
DSCN0862.JPG (706 views, 135.00 KB)
DSCN0863.JPG (661 views, 135.00 KB)
thundercat
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Heres the intake & blower mockup .  The blower project will be on  side shelf til I get headers made..  The blower is low enough for hood clearance and im trying to keep headers inside louvered hood sides..  Its tight fit ..  Short block parts were purchased with blower in mind.. I may assemble with hi comp heads  & 3x2s for this summer .Change heads in fall and the rest is already done.  Regards  Steve McD

Mars , Pennsylvania

Attachments
DSCN0864.JPG (718 views, 136.00 KB)
Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thanks for the pictures Steve. Great job. It will be an awesome ride when finished. I also like your motor mounts better that the ones I made up.

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

MoonShadow
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
This is the adapter I made for my setup. Used a two V Y-block belt setup.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter