4-71 Blower Intake from AUS

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic104579.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By thundercat - 10 Years Ago
I just received in mail on Friday my 4-71 Intake from Lindsay "YBloke" Shoemaker . I'm very pleased with the Quality .I Now can continue with my project  Blown  322" Y in 32 Ford.    He must be selling a few as the invoice is marked  #17  ....  Regards Steve McD
By Rono - 10 Years Ago
Steve;

I guess he ships to the states unlike the guy selling the stainless 55-57 T Bird headers. Can you somehow post a picture of the intake? I think he was making some changes to the blow off valve location last time I saw one. I may consider one of these intakes in the future so I can put the hood sides back on my 37 coupe.

Rono
I will try to post pics  . He now is using the pop-off made by BDS [Blower Drive Service  California I believe]   Only on passengers side..  I had a blower on a 351C years ago and it used there system and I had no problems with it..   also purchased the carb adapter plate.. it is drilled to mount a 4V on top of the 4-71 OR  directly onto  intake if you had a need to run that way..  The intake was $975   , adapter $125     and shipping was $125 +  1/2 of the Paypal $20  for $145 total S/H   .  He sent on 5-5-2014   I received in Pa.  on Friday 5-16-2014 .. ..Im satisfied very much .. He also was a pleasure to deal with  also  Steve McD...
My pictures must be too big  .  Would only let m upload one .  if you email me I will send more. Steve McD
By MoonShadow - 10 Years Ago
That's cleaner looking than the one he put on mine. Ditto on the quality. I found that the drive snout needed to be 9" long. I found a 7" and a 2" spacer. I can also provide information on the pulleys, I used 80mm to keep things a bit quieter.  Are you mounting accessory pulleys? I have some pictures of the crank pulley adapter I had made. Will be home late tomorrow and could put them up on Wednesday. Chuck
By slick56 - 10 Years Ago
Here is a couple of pics from a few months ago, when he first had them finished.
Ill try to upload pics of the drive adapter I had one of my friends make for me..  Its a Powerbond steel damper with 4 xtra holes drilled on bolt circle of existing pair of bolt holes  6 total with allen bolts  .made OD snug fit in damper . uses 2" pilot for pulley.  Currently have pulley for 2" Gilmer belt but might end up with a pair of V-belts.  ill make the pulleys.. Ihave very little room in front of engine.  Tranny too big to move /engine back any more without lots of work..  Steve McD
Heres the intake & blower mockup .  The blower project will be on  side shelf til I get headers made..  The blower is low enough for hood clearance and im trying to keep headers inside louvered hood sides..  Its tight fit ..  Short block parts were purchased with blower in mind.. I may assemble with hi comp heads  & 3x2s for this summer .Change heads in fall and the rest is already done.  Regards  Steve McD
By Rono - 10 Years Ago
Thanks for the pictures Steve. Great job. It will be an awesome ride when finished. I also like your motor mounts better that the ones I made up.

Rono
This is the adapter I made for my setup. Used a two V Y-block belt setup.
NICE JOB !    I don't have enough room to use a pulley like yours .  Mine will be about same diameter as yours but I have less than 2" to work with   .      I'm hoping 2    1/2" V belts will be enough to turn the 4-71..  Please keep us   informed on your progress   ..Regards  Steve mcD
By ybloke - 10 Years Ago

Announcing the safe arrival of the Ybloke 4-71 Supercharged 292 Ford Yblock, it LIVES….

The blown Yblock engine project has brought together a Ford 292 engine, a Ybloke 4-71 Supercharger Intake Manifold, a reconditioned GM4-71 Supercharger, a custom 8” snout and drive coupler, a ‘The Blower Shop’ swing tensioner, overdriven 50:46 tooth Gilmer pulleys (8mm pitch) a 170 tooth Gilmer belt (1360mm), a custom harmonic balancer adapter coupling and a 4-71 to 4BBL adapter plate. This combination together with a 750cfm Edelbrock 4BBL carby, home made zoomies, re-curved truck distributor and a vintage JAP (gravity feed) fuel tank completes the package.

Check out the youtube video my son Lee shot last weekend with a GoPro after dressing up the blown y-block with a few more shiny bits...
Please leave a like on which ever page you access the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrj0S6jF40c&sns=em
or
go to youtube.com and search for: Ford y block 4/71 supercharged YBLOKE blower manifold
or
goto my facebook page 'Ford Y Block - Ybloke Lindsay Shoemark (please leave a like)

Is your engine stand holding the radiator near the stock position? I'm a bit concerned about clearance to the radiator but I know I can move it forward some. I'm running a 2V dampner to pick up the water pump, alternator and power steering. You mention the 2V blower drive pulleys. I've also looked at that for an option. Do you know the proper sizes for them to drive the 4-71? I have 2 6" diameter but I think it would take a smaller one at the crank. Thanks, Chuck