Profile Picture

stroke

Posted By pegleg 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
All,

I had a mild stroke a week ago. MY answers will be shorter now, not very good at typing with my left hand. Feeling fine, working on regaining me balance and the use of the right hand and leg, not fun. Eat your veggies!!

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

The Master Cylinder
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Frank, so sorry to hear that. Listen to the Doc, stay away from salt, fat, sugar, etc. All the good stuff. I'm sure you've heard it all. Please take care.

I had a setback recently myself. Heart backfired, now only circulating at ~25%. Cheap high, every time I stand up to fast I get dizzy. w00tw00t

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/af13a279-385d-4926-92f2-349a.jpg"The Master Cylinder"

Enjoying life at the beach in SOCAL Smooooth

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Frank and MC:

Sorry to hear about both your setbacks. Take care and heal quickly.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
Canadian Hot Rodder
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Damn Guys!!!! Whats happening to all the Great Y-Blockers???? Frank I hope all is well and PLEASE take care of yourself Buddy!!!!!!!!

I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning!

pintoplumber
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Sorry Frank, there's just too much of that going around here of late.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
speedpro56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Frank, just take care of yourself, eat right and quit partying so much! Thinking of you in my prayers ole friend.

-Gary Burnette-

Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
Frank & MC;

Both of you guys need to make your health a priority! We are all so passionate about our Y Blocks and fortunate at our age that we have a pastime that we enjoy so much. Let's keep doing what we love to do as long as we can. In the words of Mr. Spock; "Live Long And Prosper"BigGrin

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Talkwrench
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Shit Frank take it easy! Ive taken your advice "eatin' ma greens!" - oh and layin' off the booze a bit Doze Hope your recovery is quick.. Go well!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/02c74785-3ce2-4b80-a66c-f31f.jpg

"Came too close to dying to stop living now!"
Glen Henderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Sorry to here about the stroke Frank, wife put me on a diet last Monday, meat and green veggies, lost 8 lbs as of this morning. Just hang in there and watch what you eat and for petes sake do what the doc's say. Looking forward to seeing you in Columbus in Sep.

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
rick55
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I worked for thirty years as a paramedic and our medical director suggested to us as a group that we should all be taking 1/2 aspirin (150mg) a day and not waiting till we have a stroke or heart attack before we start that treatment. In layman terms, Aspirin blocks platelet production which form blood clots which can cause both of these life threatening conditions. It is also thought to prevent colorectal cancer. You may bleed a little more if you cut yourself, but that is a small price to pay. Also a good idea to prepare yourself in the weeks before flying as a preventative of deep vein thrombosis.
I am sorry to hear that two of our forum ambassadors are not firing on all eight at the moment.
My thoughts and best wishes go out to you.

Rick - West Australia
Do Y Blocks Downunder run upside down? Gravity Sucks!!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter