Profile Picture

Body Pads ('55 -'56 Sedans)

Posted By lyonroad 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago

Has anybody made up their own body pad sets ('55-'56 car)? Supplied kits from $85 (pads only) to $150 and more ( pads and hardware) seem a bit high.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
rick55
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)Supercharged (658 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I agree with you that it seems a bit high, but if you see what the pad kits contain you will realize that you can't replicate them easily yourself. The the two piece rubbers fit inside each other to totally isolate the bolts, body and frame from each other. The kits also come with all the hardware.
Do yourself a favour and buy a kit. You won't regret it!

Rick - West Australia
Do Y Blocks Downunder run upside down? Gravity Sucks!!
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Hi Rick, nice to hear from you. You're right. I just did some quick math. I would have to spend at least $100 for the cone shaped rubber pieces and the special washers plus $6.00apiece for any J nuts that I would need. Then I would have to find and make the square rubber pieces. Not worth it just because I have the bolts already. I don't know what the Australian dollar is doing relative to the US dollar but ours is falling fast. About 90 cents today.

Thanks for bringing me to my senses.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
Delta, British Columbia
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Installing this kit today and I have a question.  The kit came with a map but no instructions (the map can be seen on page 26 of the '09 Dennis Carpenter catalog).  Mount #7 (#5 in the shop manual) includes a 3/8 x 5 3/4 stud round pad, square pad, large flat washer and 2 3/8 nuts for each side.  The stud has long threads on one end and short on the other.  The stud looks like it also serves as the front attachment for the front seat. If that is true I would conclude that the long threads face up, but would the seat mount sit on top of the round rubber pad or would the round rubber pad go on top of the seat mount?

Thanks.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
Delta, British Columbia

Reading This Topic

Site Meter