Profile Picture

Dual Quad Intake question

Posted By slumlord444 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I was cleaning up my intake manifold today getting ready to bead blast it. Finally back on the project. It is a '57 ECG-9424-D manifold with a 2-18 date code on the top. My question is the significance, if any, of an S cast in the bottom of the manifold and an S stamped in the bottom below the ECG9424D. Possibly for T-Bird?
DualQuad312
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
That's s good question you ask, but I, would have to say no it's not just for a T-bird. I have an intake manifold that doesn't have any markings on it. I remember a friend telling me that the manifolds have the date stamped with the "S" marking came out later then the ones without....

Jeff
PF Arcand
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
A Ford part with an "S" stamped into it, usually indicates it's a later "service part."

Paul
slumlord444
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
That sounds logical. Anyone else?
Ted
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago

That “S” on the bottom of the manifold designates “Schmeller Aluminum Foundry”.

Here are a couple of links to past threads which goes into more detail.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/FindPost64116.aspx

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/FindPost40022.aspx

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

DualQuad312
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
That's interesting to hear Ted. I, have some local guys that know about original E-code parts....I'll take your word on that....It does sound logical, just never thought that's what it meant.....

Jeff

Reading This Topic

Site Meter