Profile Picture

Information on any of these birds?

Posted By glrbird 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Thanks paul, I know a lot of the early birds wound up with gm engines.

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

paul2748
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Salty's Shaker is a NJ based Bird. The original owner has passed away and is now owned by another NJ resident who has restored the car. It ran a big block scrub.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

DryLakesRacer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Just returned from a Christmas in Florida. Went to the Louisiana Sports Museum on the way home to see Knots T-bird in all its glory...JD

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/f5f16210-4565-44ea-b2eb-b8fb.jpg

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
Attachments
knotts T-Bird 002.jpg (380 views, 138.00 KB)
DryLakesRacer
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

What a great interview. A true backyard racer and inspiration too us all. . . . . JD

glrbird
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Found this interview with Knot this year,

http://beta.lpb.org/index.php?/swi/swi_episode/speed_racer

bird55
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

JD, thanks for the additional update. I had seen other pics of the Knott's car but was surprised to hear it's still around somewhere.

And that little bird in the background behind the streamliner has always peaked my imagination. I've always been a sucker for what it did, who owned it and where is it now?

thanks again.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

DryLakesRacer
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Knot's T-bird was a "show car" of it's time. It was a beautiful marron with gold leaf lettering and every nut and bolt was polished. I believe there are some color pictures of it on H.A.M.B. I think it also made the front cover of Hot Rod magazine or one of the others in 63 or 64. 990C was an Ardun powered streamliner out of Nebraska if I'm not misstaken (probably am) I'll give a look for the 277 B T-Bird. I'm guessing late 50's by the 55/56 Merc also in the photos.

I've seen thousands of photos and what is alway suprising is how many new/newer cars are on the salt as spectators or actually tow vehicles. Back then everyone had an open trailer, a lot of them were single axle, and towed with cars/stationwagons as well as pickups. Today a 20-40' enclosed trailer is the norm towed by diesel pickups. I'm guilty of this too even if I started on a open single axle in 1975. After the years I have learned and my 2013 F-150 will never see the salt. Too much electronics and aluminum. Used up a 1969 3/4 Chevrolet, 1976 3500 Crew cab, 1996 F-150 and a 2004 F-250 CC Diesel all with salt damage and I was a cleaning nut..........JD

bird55
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Pic I had of the Knot Farrington Car.

http://frakesdesign.com/bonnevillebirds/hels_angel.jpg

I have posted this pic in the past but still wonder about this little Red Bird in the background.

http://frakesdesign.com/bonnevillebirds/goldenrod_1955.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg

bird55
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

[b]
Knot Farington had the best known T-Bird and much is written about it. I don't know how it all started with him but after a few years he knew it would take a lot to go 200 and put in a blown Chrysler hemi to do it. The streamlined body changes are well documented as are his speeds. He entered the Bonneville 200 mph club in 1960 at 200.62 and later set the A/SR record at 241.78. According to reliable sources Knot still has the T-Bird in a garage in Louisiana...........JD

wow, thanks for all the great info on these birds and recoreds.
I'd really like to see the tbird in Louisiana as it sits today. Having been a bird owner most of my life and reading and seeing all the variations of them, I am aware of that one just not of late. Sure would be cool to see it come out of hiding. Thanks again.

glrbird
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks again DLR

Mr. Miller ran the lakes more than I knew.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter