Profile Picture

Thicker decks

Posted By Ted 16 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thicker decks for serious milling and potentially some additional rigidity for head gasket sealing.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

charliemccraney
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 8 minutes ago
And make them capable of handling boost.

Lawrenceville, GA
pegleg
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
And why would you be interested in boost Charles?

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

charliemccraney
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Well, I like the way a turbo sounds and feels when it's screamin'!

Lawrenceville, GA
pegleg
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Frank/Rebop

charliemccraney
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hmmmmmmmm indeed.

For some time now I have wondered why people always placed the turbo under the hood.  I had thought that it may be easier to place it somewhere farther down the line.  I figured that the cooler operating temps would offset the reduced heat available to drive the turbo at that location.  While I was researching I stumbled across Squires Turbo Systems, www.ststurbo.com.

My need for more power will eventually lead in this direction.  I just wish that it was me who came up with the idea first.

They have one video of a C6 'vette.  What can I say?  I like the sound of the turbo or in the case of that video, turbos.

Lawrenceville, GA
pegleg
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Charlie,

Turbos are close to the exhaust source, normally, to: 1) reduce exhaust piping lengths, for better response time. 2) to retain as much heat as possible in the exhaust leading to the turbo, more heat equals more pressure equals more boost. #) additional ducting from the turbo results in friction losses to the incoming charge air  and, creates a larger plenum effect in the intake tract, which requires more time to bring the boost up (and down.) 4) intercoolers can be used to lower the inlet temperature, it's easier to plumb them in the front of the vehicle, close to the turbo, kind of a logistics problem. Cool 

Frank/Rebop

Reading This Topic

Site Meter