Profile Picture

Fenton cast iron headers for a 292

Posted By RC57 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Does anyone know if Fenton headers for a 292 passenger car are available anywhere? I found this picture on one of Ted's post's on exhaust testing. The only ones I see available are for flatheads, 6cylinders or Chevy. Both of my stock exhaust manifolds have the front lobes broken. I'm looking for something to replace them on my newly rebuilt 292 (by McTim) in a 56 Sunliner. Tim mentioned that these would be a good choice, but I'm not having much luck finding any.Thanks,

Rich

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/33bf668d-869f-49ac-9aa9-170f.jpg
Attachments
30a48edd-3aba-4479-8068-853b.jpg (3.4K views, 136.00 KB)
ecode ragtop
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
At this time the Fenton headers are not being reproduced and the last set i seen change hands were $700.00. The company that repo's the c---y Fenton items says there is no demand for Y block parts!

JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD!!! TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR 57 FORD INTERNATIONAL
pegleg
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
That would be "chevies of the Forty's" I saw a set and they were not of very high quality. Made offshore so to speak. I tried to buy the patterns and rights a few years ago but the owner had other ideas. so he's screwed himself by trying to sell Ford parts out of a Scrub Store and lousy parts at that. Get a set of Red's Headers or talk to Mummert.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
The unfortunate thing is that the scrub guy did buy the rights to the Fenton name and patterns. So no one can reproduce them as "Fenton". Also, Ted's extensive exhaust tests didn't give much credit to them for actual hp increase. I'm hoping the headers that Mummert is working on will come in at a decent price. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
John Mummert
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
In our last conversation with Jerry Jardine he indicated he would not have time to make our headers. It is very unfortunate because Jerry is very well versed on header design and he originally contacted me about making them so he was interested. His time is being used up caring for a family member. So, perhaps someone else will pick-up the project or Gord's headers will prove to be a good choice.

With regard to the Fenton Y-Block repro's. There were some made because I got an email from a chinese foundry wanting to know if I would be interested in some.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/11a0f5ec-2532-412a-a94a-1b2a.JPG

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

PF Arcand
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Actually when you consider how Fentons tested overall, they were a tad better than 57 & later manifolds, which in turn were a fair amount better than 55-56 manifolds & they were way better than a single cross over exhaust, they would be quite nice for a street setup. And when you consider the problems that often show up with headers, for most situations they could be desirable.. However, it's to bad there aren't any good new ones available & good used ones are so scarce..

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter