Profile Picture

Y-Block Shootout 13

Posted By Jim 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 days ago
Dennis:

Congratulations on a successful weekend, in spite of your recent tuning problems. In true Y-Blocker fashion, you didn't give up. I noticed in the pictures that you don't have your business logo on the doors any more. Does that mean you don't use it as your service truck? Now you can't claim it as business expense on your tax return.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
hjh
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Congratulations to the 4 finalists on Saturday and Sunday. The Y-Block shoot out had a couple of firsts on Sundays finals. The first 283 engine in the finals with Dennis. The first International winner with Mickey Bogden.

Harry
pintoplumber
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Hoosier Hurricane (9/3/2013)
Dennis:

Congratulations on a successful weekend, in spite of your recent tuning problems. In true Y-Blocker fashion, you didn't give up. I noticed in the pictures that you don't have your business logo on the doors any more. Does that mean you don't use it as your service truck? Now you can't claim it as business expense on your tax return.

John, with the truck not running right and trying to bring everything along I thought I could need, it never entered my mind about the signs.

I was right in thinking with all the help out there, we'd get it running.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
Ted
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago

Congrats to Mickey Bogden for his Sunday Y win and to Dennis Leeking for his Sunday runner up finish. While Greg took a beating this year in the Y brackets, he did a good job in taking home some of NMRA's money in the brackets. Great job by all. Special thanks to the girls for keeping us all fed and hydrated.

I managed to get back home about 8:30PM yesterday evening in the dark and other than one trailer flat (nail), it was an uneventful trip back home. I trust everyone else made it back home without any issues. I see where the rain is coming down quite heavily on the East Coast which is definitely a driving deterrent.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Mine was running hot on the way back. I found that if I kept it around 65mph it would not go over 205. Normally it stays at 190. I got over 17.5mpg like that even coming through the mountains. It ran great so it's probably nothing major. The coolant level looked good. The oil level looked good.
We pulled over to try to figure out what was going on and I forgot to secure the lid to my storage bin and lost the lid and all of my time slips for the weekend. I'm going to see if the track can email them. Maybe Bob got them.

Edit: The time slips were in the glove box where I thought I left them. Must have been too tired when I got home.

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

I made it back to New Hampshire with the Myrands brothers about 11PM Monday night. Uneventful trip with no rain. We kept coming on traces of it but that was all.

Was a great time at the track, as usual. A little drama here and there and a lot of good racing. The weather was off and on but never rained. Congratulations to all the winners AND competitors! Missed some of the regulars and hope to see them next year!

Special thanks to Bob Martin for the exhausting effort he puts into keeping this event running. Also, I think for the first time, NMRA provided trophies for the Y-Block winners. Nice!

See everyone next year! Chuck

PS Ted brought my engine up from Texas so I'm excited to get the MoonShadow running properly for next year. Just have to iron out some issues with a blower drive.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
aussiebill
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
MoonShadow (9/3/2013)
I made it back to New Hampshire with the Myrands brothers about 11PM Monday night. Uneventful trip with no rain. We kept coming on traces of it but that was all.

Was a great time at the track, as usual. A little drama here and there and a lot of good racing. The weather was off and on but never rained. Congratulations to all the winners AND competitors! Missed some of the regulars and hope to see them next year!

Special thanks to Bob Martin for the exhausting effort he puts into keeping this event running. Also, I think for the first time, NMRA provided trophies for the Y-Block winners. Nice!

See everyone next year! Chuck

PS Ted brought my engine up from Texas so I'm excited to get the MoonShadow running properly for next year. Just have to iron out some issues with a blower drive.

Chuck, so you,r getting rid of the mystery motor and fitting y block ted brought you ??????

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

No, minor change of plans. I'll be swapping the engine in the Vicky with the new blower motor as soon as I can work out the blower drive pulleys. Last year, after mentioning putting it in the roadster I actually located a street built 354 Hemi for an honest price. So the Chrysler roadster will be getting the Hemi. Seems the right thing to do.

Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

Canadian Hot Rodder
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
To all Y-Blockers who made the shoot out:

Really disappointed I could not make it this year Sad but hope all had a safe fun time! Congrats to the winners, Ted & Mickey and all other competitors! GlaD TO KNOW MY international money didn't go to one of those Aussie's and stayed in Canada!! Wink Hopefully I can make it next year and run myself!

I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning!

MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I heard a rumor that you sold your car and bought a Toyota! Havn't seen it in years. Can this be true? Cool Chuck

Y's guys rule!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter