Y-Block Shootout 13

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic86803.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Jim - 11 Years Ago
The shootout is finished, and Ted Eaton is at the top of the heap! He and David Fuzner went up in the final round and Ted got the win light. Bob Martin was 2nd Runner Up.
By landspeedy - 11 Years Ago
Well deserved Ted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see some pictures.

Keith Cornell

(Ted Eaton Built 352CI 576HP.)

Sorry Jim,could'nt help my self.
By Jim - 11 Years Ago
Pictures to come, let me get home first!!!
By LON - 11 Years Ago
Way to go TED .Lynne & I will be there next year .

Lon
By John F - 11 Years Ago
Congrats Ted wish I could have been there. I miss seeing everyone. Maybe next year.
By Hollow Head - 11 Years Ago
Congrats to Ted! Victory well deserved! Any info about times?
By junkyardjeff - 11 Years Ago
I was wanting to attend but I had no old car to drive there,the 55 has a leaking radiator and my 65 galaxie has a leaking gas tank so maybe next year.
By The Master Cylinder - 11 Years Ago
Haha, Really?? What's that about a hour drive for you? w00t w00t

Would have been fun (for me) to attend just to meet some of the folks from here. Smooooth
By tbirddragracer - 11 Years Ago
Congratulations Ted

Well deserved

A Texas Win

Ernie Phillips
By Y block Billy - 11 Years Ago
Way to go Ted!

P.S. But Dennis took Ted out the second day with His 18 second 55 f100 and was in the finals which was won by Micky Bogden in his 57 Bird.

Way to go everybody!
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/2d8cc770-50ff-4469-9ed7-16c5.JPG

Does this dragster really think he stands a chance against Dennis?
Y blockers arriving and meeting in great company and great food!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/6f6e8f2d-46f4-418c-be4f-2cd1.JPG
By pintoplumber - 11 Years Ago
What a day. The truck was running great. This was the first time I made it to the finals. I lost a close race to Mickey. First time I beat Ted. He's doing 144 mph at the finish to my 75mph. I did get a runner up plaque from the track. Who says you can't race with 6 volts and 3 on the tree?
By Carson - 11 Years Ago
CONGRATS to all straight line Y Blockers

giddy up, Carson
By Steve Koteski - 11 Years Ago
this was my 1st trip to the Y-Block shootout. I met some of the best guys in the Drag racing world. It was a great time I would do it over and over again.

Steve
By Doug T - 11 Years Ago
Glad to hear what happened Sunday. With all races between good friends it is hard to pick who you want to win. And with Ted and Dennis we got pretty well the opposite sides of the Y block spectrum which shows that everyone has a chance!

Despite the broken upper link I made it home in record time on Sunday AM.

As always heartfelt thanks to Barb Hutton & Co for the excellent lunches and especially to Bob Martin for keeping all the data and dispersing all the money.
By Doug T - 11 Years Ago
A couple more banquet pictures

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/88062015-ee92-4491-8a6d-f026.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/b00bf4b3-ba0e-4c0e-86a4-ad94.jpg
By Glen Henderson - 11 Years Ago
Congrat's Dennis! I know that you thrashed on that 239 (ha-ha) all weekend long, the classic story of the tortoise and hare.
Here's a couple of pictures.

photo 272pistonscutskirt190_zpsd030dceb.jpg
 photo 272pistonscutskirt191_zpsf34cec25.jpg
By Hoosier Hurricane - 11 Years Ago
Dennis:

Congratulations on a successful weekend, in spite of your recent tuning problems. In true Y-Blocker fashion, you didn't give up. I noticed in the pictures that you don't have your business logo on the doors any more. Does that mean you don't use it as your service truck? Now you can't claim it as business expense on your tax return.
By hjh - 11 Years Ago
Congratulations to the 4 finalists on Saturday and Sunday. The Y-Block shoot out had a couple of firsts on Sundays finals. The first 283 engine in the finals with Dennis. The first International winner with Mickey Bogden.

Harry
Hoosier Hurricane (9/3/2013)
Dennis:

Congratulations on a successful weekend, in spite of your recent tuning problems. In true Y-Blocker fashion, you didn't give up. I noticed in the pictures that you don't have your business logo on the doors any more. Does that mean you don't use it as your service truck? Now you can't claim it as business expense on your tax return.

John, with the truck not running right and trying to bring everything along I thought I could need, it never entered my mind about the signs.

I was right in thinking with all the help out there, we'd get it running.
By Ted - 11 Years Ago

Congrats to Mickey Bogden for his Sunday Y win and to Dennis Leeking for his Sunday runner up finish. While Greg took a beating this year in the Y brackets, he did a good job in taking home some of NMRA's money in the brackets. Great job by all. Special thanks to the girls for keeping us all fed and hydrated.

I managed to get back home about 8:30PM yesterday evening in the dark and other than one trailer flat (nail), it was an uneventful trip back home. I trust everyone else made it back home without any issues. I see where the rain is coming down quite heavily on the East Coast which is definitely a driving deterrent.

By charliemccraney - 11 Years Ago
Mine was running hot on the way back. I found that if I kept it around 65mph it would not go over 205. Normally it stays at 190. I got over 17.5mpg like that even coming through the mountains. It ran great so it's probably nothing major. The coolant level looked good. The oil level looked good.
We pulled over to try to figure out what was going on and I forgot to secure the lid to my storage bin and lost the lid and all of my time slips for the weekend. I'm going to see if the track can email them. Maybe Bob got them.

Edit: The time slips were in the glove box where I thought I left them. Must have been too tired when I got home.
By MoonShadow - 11 Years Ago
I made it back to New Hampshire with the Myrands brothers about 11PM Monday night. Uneventful trip with no rain. We kept coming on traces of it but that was all.

Was a great time at the track, as usual. A little drama here and there and a lot of good racing. The weather was off and on but never rained. Congratulations to all the winners AND competitors! Missed some of the regulars and hope to see them next year!

Special thanks to Bob Martin for the exhausting effort he puts into keeping this event running. Also, I think for the first time, NMRA provided trophies for the Y-Block winners. Nice!

See everyone next year! Chuck

PS Ted brought my engine up from Texas so I'm excited to get the MoonShadow running properly for next year. Just have to iron out some issues with a blower drive.
By aussiebill - 11 Years Ago
MoonShadow (9/3/2013)
I made it back to New Hampshire with the Myrands brothers about 11PM Monday night. Uneventful trip with no rain. We kept coming on traces of it but that was all.

Was a great time at the track, as usual. A little drama here and there and a lot of good racing. The weather was off and on but never rained. Congratulations to all the winners AND competitors! Missed some of the regulars and hope to see them next year!

Special thanks to Bob Martin for the exhausting effort he puts into keeping this event running. Also, I think for the first time, NMRA provided trophies for the Y-Block winners. Nice!

See everyone next year! Chuck

PS Ted brought my engine up from Texas so I'm excited to get the MoonShadow running properly for next year. Just have to iron out some issues with a blower drive.

Chuck, so you,r getting rid of the mystery motor and fitting y block ted brought you ??????
No, minor change of plans. I'll be swapping the engine in the Vicky with the new blower motor as soon as I can work out the blower drive pulleys. Last year, after mentioning putting it in the roadster I actually located a street built 354 Hemi for an honest price. So the Chrysler roadster will be getting the Hemi. Seems the right thing to do.

Chuck
By Canadian Hot Rodder - 11 Years Ago
To all Y-Blockers who made the shoot out:

Really disappointed I could not make it this year Sad but hope all had a safe fun time! Congrats to the winners, Ted & Mickey and all other competitors! GlaD TO KNOW MY international money didn't go to one of those Aussie's and stayed in Canada!! Wink Hopefully I can make it next year and run myself!
I heard a rumor that you sold your car and bought a Toyota! Havn't seen it in years. Can this be true? Cool Chuck
By Tom Ion - 11 Years Ago
Hey all...sorry to have missed you guys this year. Some might remember me, I am Mickey Bogden's buddy/pit crew. He sure had a great time winning this year. I am sad to report that last Monday evening Mick had a stroke. He is in the hospital, with his right side affected. He has his own personal physical therapist...his daughter...and hopes to be back wrenching in a couple of months. He has never been very good on a computer, so he will now be even harder to get a hold of. Snail mail works:

Mickey Bogden
1797 Hebert Street
Tecumseh ON
N8N 4G3

or, I will print out and take to him, anything sent to me.

Tom Ion

tom.ion@sympatico.ca
We certainly missed you this year and hope you will be back soon. Sorry to hear about Mickey's medical problem. The miracle of modern medicine can do wonders now. I suspect he'll be back at it soon. Give him my kindest regards and a hope for a complete and speedy recovery. Chuck
By Hoosier Hurricane - 11 Years Ago
So sorry to hear about Mickey's problem. Tell him that we're praying for his complete recovery.
By Glen Henderson - 11 Years Ago
Dang, I am sorry to hear this news. We were pitted next to him this year and spent a lot of time talking and BS ing. Please pass along our concerns for his health and hope for a quick recovery. Glen and Debbie
By Ted - 11 Years Ago

Tom. Thanks for the update on Mickey. It’s hard to picture him having a stroke considering how good he looked at Columbus and his ‘bubbly’ positive attitude. Pass on to him that we are praying for a speedy recovery for him.

By yalincoln - 11 Years Ago
hi, congrats to all, especially to bob for 1st runner up, good job everybody.
Wow Bummer! Sorry to have missed you this year and hope for a speedy recovery from Mick, he did a great job winning the shootout and we keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery!
By speedpro56 - 11 Years Ago
Please let Mick know I'll keep him in my prayers and wishing him a speedy recovery. We had a great time with him in Columbus talking car stuff, and just hanging out talking about his other Tbird project and the quality of work he does. Please keep us updated on his progress.
By pegleg - 11 Years Ago
Sorry to hear about Mick. Nice guy, hope it's getting better.
Ronnie Crawford sent me some pictures from sunday.

photo IMG_0814_zps3faac7fa.jpg
I can't seem to post more than one picture per post.
 photo IMG_0815_zpsd27ee442.jpg
 photo IMG_0816_zpsba794360.jpg
 photo IMG_0817_zpsfa8c73db.jpg
 photo IMG_0818_zps4ddc6cc4.jpg
 photo IMG_0819_zps32f1bb5c.jpg
 photo IMG_0820_zps4a59a02d.jpg
Mickey's car

photo IMG_0821_zps265f92f8.jpg
 photo IMG_0822_zps771061d1.jpg
 photo IMG_0823_zps319273ec.jpg
Great pictures Dennis. I especially like the line up with all Y's. Chuck
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
pintoplumber (9/12/2013)
I can't seem to post more than one picture per post.
Dennis. After putting the first picture within the edit box, are you going back to the picture select option while still in the edit box? The picture select option does not allow multiple picture selections at one time but you can go back repeatedly and add more pictures while still in the edit mode. Just be sure to hit the ‘enter key’ after each picture is inserted so that they do not scroll off of the right side of the screen. Captions can be added to the right or just above or below the pictures with a little practice. I trust that makes sense
By Ted - 11 Years Ago

Jim is currently on a road trip but plans to put up a picture gallery of the 2013 Columbus pictures when he gets back.

On the NMRA website, the December Racepages is up. About the middle, is the article on Columbus. They have a picture of Mickey. Charlie, can you put up a link? Starts at page 76.
By Ted - 11 Years Ago

See if these links do the trick.

Mickey Bogden

http://76.164.129.182/PROMEDIA/RP_1213/index.html#?page=80

Wally’s car

http://www.nmradigital.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/expo_lead.jpg

NMRA Website also showing Wally’s ’56 Mainline

http://www.nmradigital.com/2013_event_schedule/ford_expo_preview/

Carl Lynn’s ‘56

http://76.164.129.182/PROMEDIA/RP_1213/index.html#?page=78

Elimination ladder and results from Saturday Ford Expo

http://forums.nmradigital.com/showthread.php?111957-Results-are-in-here

Elimination ladder and results from Sunday Ford Expo

http://forums.nmradigital.com/showthread.php?111959-Sunday-Eliminations

That does the trick Ted, great info. I'm just bummed that rental fusion didn't make the cover!