Profile Picture

OLD CAM CARD.and DECALS

Posted By aussiebill 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Among my old yblock things is a cam card from Bert Jones Racing Cams here in Sydney Australia. Bert served in the war as aircraft mechanic and his expeirence with altitude effect on carburettors helped make him a forerunner in tuning etc and started engine rebuiling and cam business, he was sucessfull with many engine types but flatheads and y blocks were his favourite, sadly hes passed in 2000. We never had the knowledge or parts availability that the US had at that time and know he achieved great sucess in many racing fields from go karts, speedway, boat racing drags etc etc. This card was a popular grind of his from the 50,s on and had a nice rumble as well. I just like to share our Y Block expeirences.

YYY

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

landspeedy
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not how fast you go, its how you go fast.
aussiebill
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Keith, this was his 312, tripower rail he built, allways recognisable by the bell mouthed headers and was show quality build of that era, his son still has the car, it suffered broken crank on last run. I know Tim likes this car.

yyy

Down Under, Australia

mctim64
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Neat stuff!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b1f2e0d6-2566-46b3-b81d-3ff3.jpg   God Bless. Smile  Tim                           http://yblockguy.com/

350ci Y-Block FED "Elwood", 301ci Y-Block Unibody LSR "Jake", 312ci Y-Block '58 F-100, 338ci Y-Block powered Model A Tudor

tim@yblockguy.com  Visalia, California    Just west of the Sequoias

aussiebill
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

mctim64 (6/3/2013)
Neat stuff!

Tim, been wondering how progress is going on the A model?

Down Under, Australia

bird55
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
sweet history, thanks for sharing. Smile

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

Glen Henderson
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
V

Bill, that is a priceless piece of history, hope the old fed got repaired and is still making passes.

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
aussiebill
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Glen Henderson (6/4/2013)
V

Bill, that is a priceless piece of history, hope the old fed got repaired and is still making passes.

Glen, sadly no! His son has done nothing with the car despite many people wanting it, he was talking about putting in proposed drag raceing musuem, but dont think musuem will eventuate. At one point i was going to build replcement engine and give to him, but he wont return my calls these days, so i guess i can just enjoy the memories. Smile

Down Under, Australia

mctim64
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
mctim64 (6/3/2013)
Neat stuff!

Well, I guess I should update the thread here. I've been waiting on painters (very frustraiting) but the body is in the shop due to come home in a month. (we'll see) and after two months the frame and all chassis pieces are painted and ready to assemble. Now just need time and chrome hardwear. Always waiting. Rolleyes

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/4d1f51e1-b55c-4c92-8f27-30d0.JPG

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/628076d7-9bbd-4c38-9782-ab16.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b1f2e0d6-2566-46b3-b81d-3ff3.jpg   God Bless. Smile  Tim                           http://yblockguy.com/

350ci Y-Block FED "Elwood", 301ci Y-Block Unibody LSR "Jake", 312ci Y-Block '58 F-100, 338ci Y-Block powered Model A Tudor

tim@yblockguy.com  Visalia, California    Just west of the Sequoias

GraphicRandy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
AussieBill,

I'm a graphic designer in the US. I have a friend from Australia who wants a T-Shirt with the Bert Jones Racing Cams Logo. This request needs to be recreated from scratch and a clean image is required to use as a template. The only image we've been able locate is the timing card you have in your post. It isn't high enough resolution to see the detail and I'm hoping you may be able to scan the image at 300dpi or take a high definition photo and either re post that image or e-mail it to me. Randy.Cates@gmail.com

This is not for mass production it's simply for a T-shirt with the logo of a well respected Cam manufacturer to wear around the pits at the track (bragging rights if you will). Is this something you could supply me with?

Thank you in advance, respectfully,

R.Cates

Reading This Topic

Site Meter