Profile Picture

Rebuilding my 1959 highschool 28 rod w/ 292Y power

Posted By The Bat out of hell 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Always like using stuff I have saved when it can look great and not cost anything kind of.
My buddy Rosh was working out at Miami Int. Airport some years back,when they were tearing down one of old artdeco buildings. He saw them trashing out a stainless steel wall and was able to save some of it for me,knowing I love old shiny stuff. This stuff is got dimples made into it,so it looks very industrial kind of like big rivets,very cool looking for the time.
I talked a little about the firewall we did for my son's "T" out of a peace of this stuff also,I'm going to do the same thing to my own and also the back panel that was shiny alum in 1959 but gone bad now. You can see in other old photos in thread the back of rod were the old shiny alum did show. This stainless should be better on both firewall and rear. The photo below shows a cleaned up part of the scrap Rosh got for me years ago from Airport wall,and beside it a cut to fit part for rear of my rod. Holly crap this stuff is hard to cut,used up 5 cut off wheels and two bandsaw blades.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/0e43099f-3085-4f16-b539-437e.JPGThe photo is of the firewall part of the old artdeco stainless inplace as I'm working on it. Now days I think the young guys call it bling!

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

retired speed shop owner,built and design hotrods, racecars

airbrush t-shirts, engine balancing

Miami fl.
pintoplumber
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
That looks pretty good.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)

A little at a time!An old racing buddy came by to look at my rod,an offered to make the glass for my windshield,wow,I gave him my 28A roadster frame to take with him and he returned with some glass in it. I know he tryed hard,but it was not fitting right and he bent the frame gitting in. I saw it but said nothing but WOW thanks and after took it out and fixed the frame,plus got some new 80grit disk and very slowly with out getting it hot,ground down about 1/4in. lumps,6 of them tell it fit right now. These little thing are very nice of my feneids to do for me,so no way I'm going to tell him anything but thank you,with out his help,I'd be with out glass for many months saving up $ for it[around $150+ I think} was a free-B,COOL.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Started trying to do the wood lip around the rear of cockpit,so it will both hold snaps for top and the upholstery under it. I looked at some Oak to do it with,but cost was 3x what popluer was,,going to stain it anyway to kind of match steeringwheel ,dash and rear rackhttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/e7e13a18-e667-4702-8e00-8bfc.JPG

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Got it stained and varnished to my liking at lest,seems to match up Ok with the steeringwheel.

Something I don't understand is going on photo wise,all I got that time was a line to click on??

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
Attachments
IMAG1254.jpgsmall.jpg (435 views, 6.00 KB)
stuey
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Hi

getting small pic in another window!

nice looking project

all the best

stuey
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Playing with wiring today,its pretty simple on this rod. Got all the motor stuff done,an dash with fuse panel,but need to run headlights and tail lights sunday.

?I don't know what I'm not doing that I was before,but the photos showed and now they don't=just a click line instead? Is there some step I now miss?

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
Attachments
IMAG1249 (1).jpgxxx.jpg (412 views, 6.00 KB)
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

After a few weeks of sanding and filler,over and over,I got to spray some high gloss BLACK on the old gal.
OK? now I can't find any place to try and post a photo at all,is it hiding some how???

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
slick56
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
" now I can't find any place to try and post a photo at all,is it hiding some how???[/quote]

There has been a problem with the site for the last month or so. Apparently the tech guys are working on it.

South Australia

The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Slick56,I was really woundering,I'm not at all sharp with these sites anyway,some I know how to work OK,so was thinking it could just be me not even knowing what to look fore.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter