Profile Picture

Brake PedalHub Spring Insulator

Posted By lyonroad 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I was cleaning up my brake and clutch arm and brackets the other day. When I removed the brake pedal the brake pedal hub spring insulator (a white plastic cylinder with a flange end) crumbled into a number of pieces. I got out two of my trusty parts catalogs and, holy moley, the replacement part (B5A-2481-A) costs 26 bucks plus shipping! I had an old Kodak film cartridge container lying around and its almost exactly the right diameter. I measured and cut it to length, made a plastic flange from my supply of Pedal Hub Spring Insulator sheeting (margerine container lid), and "Bobs Your uncle" it worked well. The black Kodak container seems to be better quality plastic than the white Fuji film container.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
Talkwrench
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
What vehicle was it.. I thought that part was way smaller than a film canister ? Hope it holds together for you , damn sight cheaper than the part!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/02c74785-3ce2-4b80-a66c-f31f.jpg

"Came too close to dying to stop living now!"
lyonroad
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Talkwrench, good to hear from you. That part was for the '55 Fairlane. Its the plastic cylinder that goes between big spring and the outside of the brake pedal shaft (not the inside plastic bushing). It doesn't do much and is definitely not worth 26 bucks. The film canister might be 1 or 2 thousands bigger than the real insulator, but for what it does its close enough.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia

Reading This Topic

Site Meter