Profile Picture

Atlanta Dragway Test and Tune

Posted By charliemccraney 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
I thought you had those when you were at Columbus.  They eliminated the wheel hop, and that is a good thing.

Lawrenceville, GA
charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Nothing significant to report.  Just documenting changes and discoveries.

I noticed that the front driver's side brake was dragging.  Turns out the caliper pins, bushings and sleeves need to be lubricated now and then.  Lubed them and no more dragging.  Went ahead and did the passenger's side, too.

I don't know if this was taking place during my last trip to the track but if it was, it was slowing me down.

Edit 04/29/16
I noticed that it still wasn't rolling like I thought it should even after lubing the caliper pins.  I remembered something else I had not done in a while, adjust the parking brake cable.  Now it's rolling a lot better.  Gotta remember to think of the whole package
Limited slip added about a-month-and-a-half ago

Edit 06/28/2017
Last summer - winter, I made and installed a windage tray, crank scraper and oil pickup primarily to address an oil pressure drop at high rpm.  The engine does seem more responsive.
I'm thinking that since I've made so many changes since my last good run, I'm going to do a couple more things that should help.  At this point I won't know what hurt or helped, anyway.

Edit 09/13/2017
Made a sort of antenna delete since the radio does not currently work and I could not hear it if it did.
Filled in the plenum slot of the Blue Thunder intake.  Smoothed transition from carb to ports / plenum.  Improved port match between intake and heads.

Edit 10/18/2017
Reinstalled K&N stub stack.  This was used during my best run so far, but it was not installed at the very last run because it would not fit with the new air cleaner base.  I figured out how to make it work with the new base so I figured I would include it in the updates.

Edit 4/27/2018
Installed 17" aluminum rims and tires.  New tires are 25.7" diameter.  Old tires were 28" diameter.  About equivalent to going to a 4.03 rear gear.  New tires should be better in all aspects, including traction.

Edit 4/25/2019
Installed Holley 670 because the 570 developed idle problems.  The engine does need something bigger, anyway.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter