Profile Picture

57 Custom 300 with 352 motor

Posted By Rono 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I came across a pretty solid 57 Custom 300 Sedan with a 352 automatic floor shift. Since it's a Maine car, it does have some rust in the rear quarters and front fenders. The interior is all there and intact except for the radio. The new property owner just wants it gone for $1,200. Don't know much about the 352 motors if I was to rebuild it. The other option could be a new body for my blown 292 stroker motor. I'm on the fence with this one. Any opinions?

Rono.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

speedpro56
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
57 customs are sought after cars wheather custom 300s or just customs, especially for the hot rodding crowd. $1200 sounds like a real deal and I for one would ditch the 352 in favor for a hot 292 any day of the week, month, year or whatever. Really if that body is good then that's a good deal, if you can get it for less then that's a homerun outta the parkw00t.BigGrin

-Gary Burnette-

Y block Billy
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
57's did not come with 352's, they came out in 58 so it would have came factory with a Y anyway. I do body's Ron, come visit after the holidays.

Bill

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

Rono
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Hi Bill;

Merry Christmas to you and everyone. I was going to see the car in person today, but didn't go. Got more pictures and it's a 302 in the car not a 352 with probably a C4 (auto shifter on floor). I talked to the guy over the phone again and he came down to 1K for it. Still kicking it around, but I really need/want a blast cabinet too. Glad to know that you are a body guy...I'll come doen after New Years.

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Y block Billy
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Yes, thats basically what I built my shop to do, restore old Fords. As far as the blaster goes I talked to my buddy and he is supposed to send me pics and tell me what brand it is. He did say only one end opened but the complete top flips up, I knew there was some feature to it that was odd.

After the holidays we can look at it, its between my house and shop where he lives.

Merry Christmas.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

MoonShadow
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
I bought the 40lb model from Harbor Freight years ago. Very satisfied with it. I replaced the gun with a better quality unit and that made quite a difference. Just got a dust vac/reclaimer unit for Christmas. For the money I think its an excellent investment.

http://www.harborfreight.com/40-lb-capacity-floor-blast-cabinet-93608.html

There is a model that has a door on each end and extensions so you can do longer pieces. That would be nice to have if you are doing bumpers or other long pieces.

http://www.harborfreight.com/industrial-blast-cabinet-with-3-doors-94274.html

Let me know when you plan to visit Billy and I'll try to make it up the same time. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Rono
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

It would be great to hook up with you guys after New Years. I wanted to get a blast cabinet big enough for a side business that I could use for about anything. Here's a link to one on Ebay that is the make I've been looking at, but this one only has the single door. I like this make because you can also mount a seperate soda blast hopper on the side and also blast with a special grit baking soda.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360337805835?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thanks for the links to the Harbor Freight blast cabinet. The big one looks pretty good and had good reviews.

Rono

PF Arcand
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Rono: You don't say, but if the 57 is a tudor & the body mounts & so on are good, & especially if the front upper fenders are good.. $1000 is a deal!

Paul
Glen Henderson
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Rono, I got to agree with Paul, a $1000 bucks for a 57 Custom sounds like a real deal.

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
Rono
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Glen/Paul;

The car was in a barn up until a couple of years ago (so I was told) when it was hauled outside because the barn was ready to collapse. The pictures I saw showed the car on soft ground sunk in up to it's axles. BUT I'm still trying to contact the guy to at least go and see it in person.

Rono

Reading This Topic

Site Meter