Profile Picture

57 TBird triple 94's and low profile air cleaners

Posted By MarkMontereyBay 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Doing some measuring tonight trying to determine if 3 94's on an Edelbrock 573 will fit under the closed hood of a 57 Tbird. Looks like it is going to be pretty close. I have the helmet style chrome air cleaners now. At the Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield, Ca. a couple of years ago I saw some Moon low profile air cleaners but they aren't listed on their website. Anyone have this setup and know what kind of units fit?

Thanks.

57 Black Tbird 312/auto

MarkMontereyBay
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)

Did a better search and found I asked the same question a year or more ago and got this from 55Birdman.

Yes it will fit . You need to get 3 seperate air cleaners for it to fit. I got Mr. Gasket Co. aircleaners. I bought my linkage from Speedway Motors. There isnt a lot of clearance but it wont bump the hood. Use a nut to hold the cleaners down. Dont use the wing nut provided. Or it will bump. The kickdown linkage isnt disturbed if you keep the pivot arm . You dont have to alter anything. Just adjustments screwing things in or out to fit. I made a piece of linkage to go from the middle carb to the pivot arm. Vintage Speed in Fla has good linkage too.

57 Black Tbird 312/auto

lowrider
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
You may get a bit more clearence if you use an oval head screw instead of the acorn nuts.

Dan      Kingman Az.      86409
The Master Cylinder
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Mark, I believe the "Helmet style" air cleaners are a little taller than the Mr. Gasket air cleaners that 55Birdman mentions.

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/af13a279-385d-4926-92f2-349a.jpg"The Master Cylinder"

Enjoying life at the beach in SOCAL Smooooth

55Birdman
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I was looking for my post on this topic but I cant see it. Maybe never got on the airwaves. Any how  Mr. Gasket 4245 air cleaners are what I use on my car. also the 3 carb cleaner sold by O'brien truckers will work. But do use flat nut to hold em down. Not the butterfly nut. I have a bump in my hood to prove it.

55Birdman Smile  Hickory NC
MarkMontereyBay
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

55Birdman,

Your reply to my question from Jan 2010 is Post #38017. The topic title is "Edel 573 and 94's on a Tbird" Thanks for the additional stuff. I will be looking those cleaners over.

57 Black Tbird 312/auto

Reading This Topic

Site Meter