Profile Picture

wilcap adapter

Posted By 54mainlinetim 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Today fed-ex showed up with my wilcap adapter!!! this is for my th350(or any chevy trans) trans to y-block swap of the old ford-o-matic. The guy at wilcap has answered the phone all three times i have called and was very helpful and seemed like a pretty mellow guy not a prick.. was very well packaged, great quality parts and came with instructions which explain every step and warningsyou need to take. i thought that the instructions could have had more pics and maybe in color would help since a couple are hard to see whats going on, but all in all i think this is a very well put together product... i will post more pics detailing the process as i put the trans in ( the adapter also came with a flywheel that's not pictured!)....you do have to modify the bellhousing,and the mopar mini starter (if you by the starter from wilcap they modify it for you,,and they give you the part number in the instructions if you need to order one from a parts store unmodified.

Hollow Head
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This is what I had to do with Wilcap Powerglide to Y adapter. That Mopar Mini starter really spins fast w00t.

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Topic28144-5-5.aspx

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e3fd9a79-e7c3-47ff-a648-8cd5.jpg Seppo from Järvenpää, Finland
www.hollowheads.net (just click the hole in the head to proceed)

54mainlinetim
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)

very cool build !! have a ? since youve already hooked your mopar starter up which wires go where small post on the left?and bigger post on the right?in my picture?? i have the old ford starter solenoid on fender well do i get rid of that now?? thanks
Hollow Head
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Of course you can get rid of that old one. Thin wire to the ignition switch post where it goes from the original starter relay and thick one directly to the battery. Or then the old way where starter gets it's power from the original relay and also the thin wire to the same post.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e3fd9a79-e7c3-47ff-a648-8cd5.jpg Seppo from Järvenpää, Finland
www.hollowheads.net (just click the hole in the head to proceed)
54mainlinetim
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

thats what i figured ! thanks hollowhead..

Reading This Topic

Site Meter