Profile Picture

Aluminum head Update

Posted By John Mummert 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
We picked up a few heads recently with revisons we felt were required after Ted's dyno sessions and porting the EMC heads. Some easy to fix flow improvements were found during testing that we felt should be incorporated into the production heads. These changes have been made and the first of these new heads have been machined. We are very happy with improvements so the order for the first full production run will be placed in the next 2 weeks.

The core shop requested that we make some changes to the core boxes to make their life easier. These changes have be made so it looks like full speed ahead.

More as soon as we know more.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

Eddie Paskey
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hey John;;;   GOOD NEWS!!!  Thank You for keeping at it Really appreciated.   God Bless    Eddie

Eddie

Lake Forest, Ca. 92630

Oldmics
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
John

Where does that put us as far as actually having them in our hands-provided we had placed a previous order?

Thanks,Oldmics

mongo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Glad for the update too, John. I think I will polish the outside of the heads too, to match my tbird valve covers and chrome headers !! I think I have too much time on my hands . I had about 30 hours in polishing the blue thunder intake I bought from you 7 years ago.   Dave   

Po ol Davie

Sparta , Tn.

ScottY
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hey John,

That's great to hear, and I must say that it's sure good of you to take the time to rectify, or should i say modify the heads given the new discoveries as such. That to me, says a lot about your character, let alone your commitment. Cause i could sure see how you could have just let the first run through, to keep the wheels already in motion, turning, and then change things at a later date. I mean we all would have been none the wiser, and still over the moon with the product. But to take yet more time out, and effort to further improve on the end result, (that is already an outstanding achievement as it stands) is an absolute credit to you, and of course in no small part i'm sure, Geoff. As has been said many times during this task,

"Well Done Guys, and a Very Big Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!"

Scotty!!!!

"MY TWO BOBS WORTH!" (Twenty Cents AUD)

Y-BLOCKS ROCK!!!!!

John Mummert
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Thanks guys! We want the out of the box heads to be as good as possible. We are very pleased with the current results.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

Craig Seyfried
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi John, Thanks for the alumium head update! Guess I'll be buying myself a Christmas a Y-Block present. Thanks again, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Craig Seyfried

John Mummert
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Craig. The core boxes are back at the core shop so for a while its out of my hands for a few weeks.

Plans are to get some castings here before the foundry closes for Christmas vacation. That will allow us to get heads to the deperate who have engines waiting. The bulk of the castings will arrive here in January.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter