Profile Picture

GOT MY Y BLOCK MAG TODAY

Posted By aussiebill 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I got my Y BLOCK MAG today and see john has all the specs and cost of the new aluminum heads listed. I realise the final testing and elvaluating is still happening on them but good to see them completed, now its time to back up all his work and buy them!. Congratulations for huge effort.

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

unibodyboy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
For those of us without, could you guys relay the details? Thanks!

My name is Greg and I am addicted to Y's.
John Mummert
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Here are specifications for the new head

SPECIFICATIONS

VALVE SIZES: 1.94" intake     1.54" exhaust   11/32" stem

VALVE MATERIAL: Stainless steel, hard chrome stems, hardened tip.

VALVE LENGTHS:  5.110"

VALVE SPRINGS: Single spring with damper, 1.250" diameter, intalled height 1.750". 110# Seat @ 1.750"    280# @ .500"   Seat pressure 85# with +.050" keepers.

STEEL SPRING CUPS

Hardened keepers with 1 piece steel retainers.

COMBUSTION CHAMBER:  60cc +-

BARE MACHINED CASTING WEIGHT:   24.5#

DECK THICKNESS:  .625"

VALVE GUIDES: Manganese Bronze alloy

STEM SEALS: Positive type

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

unibodyboy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)

Fantastic work John. Could you post the cost information as well?

My name is Greg and I am addicted to Y's.
LON
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
John ,

You surely must have reached " Y -Block Legend " status by now .For the amount of work & time you have invested ( let alone the money side ) in creating these heads you deserve the biggest accolade ever .I'm certain ,'people will talk about you in years to come as a true pioneer in Y-Blocks.A job well done .

Lon

PS .Will you be at Columbus this year ??? Hope to see you there .

yblocksdownunder

John Mummert
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Lon, thank you for all the positive comments. I have no doubt that the staff at the asylum will treat me with kindness and the deepest sympathy.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

aussiebill
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
John Mummert (5/12/2010)
Lon, thank you for all the positive comments. I have no doubt that the staff at the asylum will treat me with kindness and the deepest sympathy.

Ha,Ha! i hope they treat us the same!w00t

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

Y block Billy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Great work John! I remember visiting your shop when I was working in cal for a few days and holding a prototype in my hand a couple years ago. Thanks for the persistance and never giving up. It must have been frustrating at times, at least you will be able to meet the people who have been behind you at the assylum. Keep up the great work.

May I ask how many sets were run on this first run, and how many have already been accounted for?

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

Reading This Topic

Site Meter