Profile Picture

Carb Spacer to Accept PCV Feed

Posted By montego_gto 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Guys,

I'm going to run a ECZ-9425-B intake with either an Autolite 4100 or a small CFM Holley.  I've installed a PCV valve on my '62 292 y-block and am having a hard time figuring out a way to plumb it under the carburetor.  The top of the intake is not a solid flat machined surface.  I have a cast aluminum spacer off a mid-60's 352 or 390 that accepts a PCV but the bottom is open.  My stock '69 351W 4V intake accepted it fine because it had a flat machined carb mounting surface that sealed the bottom of the spacer.  When it is installed on the y-block intake, the sealing surfaces don't line up thus creating a vacuum leak. 

I've been looking at aftermarket carb spacers and not one description that I've read specifically says set up for PCV.  I've noticed "ported" and "non-ported" in descriptions.  Can I assume ported means it has the ports that lead to the primary throttle bores and a place to hook in a hose barb?  I figured I could get ahold of Summit's tech line but figured I would ask you guys first because of the familiarity of using stock y-block intakes. 

Thanks!

Nick in WI

'60 F100 with '62 4V 292 y-block

Duck
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Google "CASCO"- They sell what you're looking for.... /Duck

BOO- YA!!! http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/0f6c8c70-4f39-42e0-a021-bc5e.jpg
charliemccraney
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Depending on which Holley you go with, it may have the pcv port built in. No special spacer will be needed in that case.

Lawrenceville, GA
montego_gto
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thanks Duck for the tip on Casco.  Very cool site. 

On my lunch hour today, I stopped at a speed shop and dug into some of his catalogs.  Trans-dapt's catalog expands on each version that Summit carries.  For each variation- open or 4-holed (ported,) they offer non PCV and PCV equipped. 

I should be able to find something that will work now.  Goes to show that the speed shops out there know their stuff and their prices are competitive.  I'm having him order one from Trans-dapt.  Cost is right around 30 bucks with no shipping.  I really should give him more business instead of always going to the internet and ordering.  Might save me some money... 

Thanks again guys,

Nick

'60 F100 with '62 4V 292 y-block

oldcarmark
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
You also could have drilled and tapped the intake manifold in the area under the carb for a hose fitting.Its another option if a spacer plate is not available.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter