Profile Picture

Spliseal

Posted By Outlaw56 14 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I was reading in my recent issue of classic truck magazine and came across an article on a product called "Spliseal". You can do a search and come up with this site o the web, and you can get a good product demo video on U-Tube by doing a search for "Spliseal".  I was wondering if anyone had any experience using this to seal wire connections after crimping them together. The article in classic truck magazine spoke highly of it and the demo looked pretty cool.

Darrell Howard Whitefish, MT Outlaw 56 Ford F-100's
Bob's 55
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Pretty cool, looks like it is just for splices though, not for terminal ends. I always use connectors and terminals without the plastic and then finish it with shrink tubing with the glue/sealant inside The shrink tubing helps strengthen the connection between the wire and connector and helps moisture proof it.

For the price of the Spliseal Kit ($59.00) I would have to do a lot of Splices...

BOB

Outlaw56
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
If you go to the Spliseal web site, the instruction manual lists end of run terminals, but I have not seen the molds for these. If I decide to try this product, I will definitely report back on how it worked and the availability of additional molds.

Darrell Howard Whitefish, MT Outlaw 56 Ford F-100's
AJGarcia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago

We have recently purchased the company that developed SpliSealand over the last 8 months we’ve been focus on improving the quality, design,and simplifying the process. We’re also focused on improving the customerservice.  We’ve expanded the productline to include a span of kits and various end connectors. Please take a look at our new website,we’ve posted all the products. Let usknow if there is anything you would like us to do to further improve theproduct, all feedback is welcomed!

Here is a Link to our site, http://www.spliseal.com/

Thank you for your interest!

Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
AJ.  Thanks for posting.  Having done my share of wire splicing, this looks like a very good alternative to what I’ve been doing.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Went to the website, tried to find something on the terminals and a video.  Could not find anything ??? What did I miss??

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Paul.  Like you I didn’t see anything about the terminals.  I do see some gaps in the website though where it’s not complete which may be part of the problem.  I’ll suggest just sending Spliseal an email regarding these two items and let them know that there is no information regarding that.  As with most companies, a separate company does the website so there does tend to be a disconnect in getting the appropriate information out there.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter