Here's the link to site's home page. YBF Home
Please keep all pictures so they are no larger than 500 wide if uploading pictures to the site. If using an outside picture hosting site, then limit sizing to 600 wide maximum. Pictures exceeding this creates problems with the text rolling off of the right side of the screen for those members with standard screens or monitors.
Picture posting instructions for uploading directly to the site and not using an outside picture hosting site.
1. While in the editing mode, select the icon with the mountain and sun in it.
2. Select “Browse” in the popup window
3. Go to the directory where you keep your pictures.
4. Select your picture. Downsized works best. Too large may be too big period.
5. Select “Open”
6. Select “Add Image”. Do not use the link bar in this instance.
7. Wait a bit if you’re on dialup…. This could take a couple of minutes as your picture (if not inordinately large) is being downsized and uploaded to the site from your computer.
8. Then popup window goes away and the picture starts to display within the editing window.
9. When the picture is fully displayed, hit the enter key (hard return) and add more text if desired under the picture.
10. Select “Post Reply” and the updated thread should then display with your picture in it.
And here's a tidbit that may help when posting directly to the site.
If you are using Firefox when you hit reply a popup will open as post reply, you have to scroll down further and see post options, then edit attachments. Click on edit attachments and then the browse feature is there. Click on browse and find your picture then upload attachments.
Picture posting instructions when using an outside picture hosting site such as Photobucket.
1. In Photobucket, select the IMG CODE under the desired picture and copy into your memory buffer (Cntrl + C). The IMG CODE should be the last one in a list of four under the picture you’d like to use.
2. Be sure the picture is downsized before storing the link into the buffer.
3. Open up the YBF post editor to the post for which you are going to add the link. (Add Reply, Add Topic, Edit)
4. After adding any desired text, hit a hard return (enter key).
5. Paste the desired link into the edit screen (Cntrl + V). Only the link will show at this point and not the picture. Make sure the IMG brackets are fully intact after pasting in the link.
6. Add a space using the space bar behind the link.
7. Put a hard return (enter key) behind the space.
8. Add text if desired.
9. Select the ‘Post Reply’ key.10. Updated post should then display with the picture also displaying.
Link Posting Instructions:
To copy a link, highlight the link in the edit bar that's at the top of the webpage you want o display and then press the 'Ctrl' and 'C' keys simultaneously. To insert the link into the thread, be in the edit mode of making a post and while having the cursor at the sopot where you'd like the link text to start, press the 'Ctrl' and 'V' keys simultaneously. The link text should then display. At this point put an extra space behind the link using the space bar so the link will work when clicked upon with most operating systems.
Alternative method: Highlight the link within the edit bar you’d like to copy into the paste buffer and hit the right key on the mouse while the cursor is over the link. A popup window will display. Select ‘copy’. Then while in the edit mode of pasting a new post or a response, hit the right key again and select ‘paste’. The link text is expected to display starting at the point the was located just prior to pasting. At this point put an extra space behind the link using the space bar so it continues to work as a link on most operating systems.
Please keep signature picture sizing reasonable. A maximum size of 175 in any direction is a guideline for this but even smaller is better. Pictures added to the signature from a hosting site that are larger than this may be edited by the site Administrator or the Moderators to keep byte usage on the site under control.
Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)