Profile Picture

Found: An untouched 56 HI Po kit

Posted By Don Woodruff 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Ted: Would the kit have been a late 1956 one or early 57? The heads are 1956 passenger car, (possibly milled as noted) but the Cam is apparently a 57 "D" code, advertised at 256 degrees as used in 312s, & probably used in 292 & 272 applications also. While a rare and interesting find, it wouldn't appear strictly speaking, not to be a racing kit. As you say, it would be interesting to have the cam checked out for spec's by yourself or maybe John Mummert in CA.

Paul
Ted
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Paul.  I don’t have literature identifying specific part numbers of the individual parts used in the kits but there’s a good chance the kit components were upgraded over time.  I would suspect that the overall kit numbers changed when the kit components changed.  I do have a Ford letter here to the dealers dated Feb 4, 1957 offering the B6A-9000-B hipo kit for $100 whereas they had been previously priced at $315.00 dealer net.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Oldmics
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
That is interesting about the two cams part number being the same (EDB-6250-B) and having two differing grinds.

Randys cam does not have an "E" stamped on the sprocket hub.

I"m gonna guess that even though the two cams share the same part number,the stamped "E" designates the difference in what the grind is.

PF,the cam that you mention (the 256 duration unit) is part # EDB-6250-C which is not the camshaft found in the kit.

Hope this helps.  Cool

Oldmics

Don Woodruff
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I did not find it, re read my post.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter