Profile Picture

Master Power Brakes

Posted By Skyliner57 2 Weeks Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
I have Master Power Brakes in two cars, a 56 Ford and 57 Ford. In both cases the pedal is only about 1 /2 from the floor. I have an extension for the arm from the pedal. Has anyone had experience replacing this arm? Do I need to remove the booster or can I replace it from under the dash.Thanks
KULTULZ
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You have aftermarket kits on both cars from MASTER POWER BRAKES?

miker
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Sorry, I’m not understanding you. “Arm from the pedal”. Do you mean the rod from the arm that goes thru the firewall and pushes on the booster (or the master cylinder on manual brakes)

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Skyliner57
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)

The flat steel arm that attach's to the pedal arm. From the pedal it goes into the rubber boot, I assume then to the master cylinder push rod?. These are both aftermarket kits from Master Power Brake.  Before I pulled the boot off I thought I would ask if anyone has worked on these units.
KULTULZ
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)

The BEST thing to do (IMO) before modifying is to contact MPB (or research their TECH INFO on the inner-screen) to see if you can identify the problem(s).

Nothing in the INSTRUCTION SHEET(s)?

The cars are drum/drum or disc/drum?

KULTULZ
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

On either year car, there should be an eccentric @ the pedal arm to enable adjusting pedal height.

It will be described in your WSM.

EDIT -

They do offer an extension -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ef5a52fb-c7e4-4d4d-8017-94ec.png

Skyliner57
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

OK-good info thanks.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter