Profile Picture

Holley 4000 power valve ?

Posted By RossL 2 Weeks Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
Is there a way to test the power valve and economizer?   My 55 Thunderbird 292 automatic has a slight hesitation when flooring it at a dead stop.
The accelerator pump looks to be squirting from both sides OK.   I tried the two adjustments on the accelerator pump, there was no difference
Ted
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
You might try an additional 4° of initial ignition timing.  Also check that the vacuum advance is indeed working.  You can do that with a timing light and lightly speeding up the engine while watching the movement of the timing mark on the damper.

See if this link to a recent thread helps in regard to checking out the economizer circuit.
Holley 4000 teapot carb (y-blocksforever.com)

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

RossL
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
Ted (10/8/2024)
You might try an additional 4° of initial ignition timing.  Also check that the vacuum advance is indeed working.  You can do that with a timing light and lightly speeding up the engine while watching the movement of the timing mark on the damper.

See if this link to a recent thread helps in regard to checking out the economizer circuit.
Holley 4000 teapot carb (y-blocksforever.com)

I have tried 8-12 degrees initial BTDC, no change.   I had the vacuum advance can rebuilt recently and it is working.   I have a few questions I will ask on the other thread

Reading This Topic

Site Meter