Profile Picture

May be looking for good used Air Cleaner complete for 1957 Thunderbird.

Posted By oldcarmark 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

May be looking for good used Air Cleaner complete for 1957...

Author
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Anyone have a real good Air Cleaner complete for 1957 Thunderbird. Regular 4BBL . Price? Thanks Ignore. Didn't buy the Car. Air Cleaner was least of what was wrong with Car. Thanks

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
carl
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
oldcarmark (8/14/2024)
Anyone have a real good Air Cleaner complete for 1957 Thunderbird. Regular 4BBL . Price? Thanks
might have one, I will check tomorrow,   Carl

carl
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

i don't have one, a friend has a repo 55,56 t bird air cleaner but probably different    Carl
oldcarmark
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Thanks. Didn't buy the Car

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Skyliner57
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I have a TB air cleaner, the oil bath cleaner. I have some questions on how it is used etc. Is there an expert out there that I communicate with? Mine does not have the cork, I can add that. Not sure how high it is above the metal? I am also wondering about the actual orientation of the top to the lower part, looks like a louver molded into the top?
Is the top unit held down with a wing nut, larger one, washer? Any help would really be great.
Harold

was
miker
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Skylines, get a Thunderbird supplier catalog. Casco or Larry’s Thunderbird, whoever. They make repro air cleaners, but also the cork, staples etc. the pictures in the catalog (which you might find on line) will answer a lot of your questions.

Putting your location in your signature line helps.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
KULTULZ
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)

"I have a TB air cleaner, the oil bath cleaner. I have some questions on how it is used etc."

Are you using it on a BIRD or FORD? Being an original oil bath, it should be valuable.

CLICK - https://www.npdlink.com/1955-1957-thunderbird/air-fuel/air-cleaner

Skyliner57
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Thanks for link for the air cleaner. It is an oil bath. I will use on a 56 Victoria, which may have a 312.
If I buy the filter on the site you gave me will it fit?
I am not sure how to orient the top in relation to the bottom?
Thanks again.
KULTULZ
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)

"If I buy the filter on the site you gave me will it fit?"

Are you thinking of converting it to a dry style with paper filter?

I would consider the value of the original filter assy. Maybe sell it to someone who wants a dead nuts-on OEM and buy a  repro for the FORD dress-up kit?

BTW - You might not need that cork deflector as it was only used on the BIRD to prevent weather/fan wash from hitting the ACL through the hood scoop possibly ingesting rain/snow.

Also, the bottom plate is different between the 55 and 56 for choke clearances. The 56 ACL will work on either year (55/56 with OEM carb). What carb style are you using on your 57 FORD?

I will show position photos when you decide how you want to go.

Lou
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

A   oil bath air cleaner is the best design ever made, that why it is still used on big trucks and off road vehicles.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter