Profile Picture

Y block CAD Drawings Blueprints etc

Posted By 58F600 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hey All,

Looking to make a few things for fab work on my wife's Y block. Looking to see if anyone has old drawing s or blueprints for the Y block. Mainly the exhaust gasket dimensions. 

Thanks
Joe-JDC
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Head to O'Reilleys and order those for any 292/312 from '55-'64.  Fel Pro, Best, others have them for sale.  Joe-JDC

JDC
paul2748
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Ford YBlock or Lincoln ?  What gaskets.  I have a lot of different exhaust gaskets that I will send you for the price of shipping.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

miker
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Can’t help with the main question, but if you’re looking for flanges

https://www.racemufflers.com/Ford-312-Y-Block-Header-Flange-p/rm3533hf.htm

Cheaper in mild steel

https://www.stainlessheaders.com/i-30498145-ford-312-y-block-mild-steel-header-flange.html

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
58F600
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)

I already purchased stainless flanges from that place, but there is a reason I was asking for drawings haha.

I paid $240 for a set of stainless flanges and stubs, and the bolt holes on the ends are off. Unfortunately I measured these and 3d printed based off these... Just like buying gaskets and measuring, any errors are copied perfectly.

I think what I have so far will work for my purposes. I might get more serious and correct the CAD drawings and can post then here if anyone else needs them.

I have the header flange back purge fixtures drawn up in STL file, but I want to tweak them a little more before sharing, plus they are modeled off these incorrect flanges...

I'll share it all on Thingiverse as I go.

Ted
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.7K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.7K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.7K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.7K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.7K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.7K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.7K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.7K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 hours ago
When doing header flanges, I take the bolt location dimensions directly from a set of heads and that has worked out well.  John Mummert may be able to help you with the exhaust bolt locations as his CNC program for the cylinder heads would have those dimensions.

On a similar train of thought, I also would like any factory blueprints for the Ford Y-Block blocks.  A local machine shop has a new RMC block machining center and has offered to set it up for the Ford Y if I can come up with the factory blueprints.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter