Profile Picture

Passing of Karol Miller

Posted By DryLakesRacer 3 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I just received a message from Karol’s daughter Sue that Karol passed peacefully yesterday at the age of 95. I was lucky enough to call one of my teenage years hero my friend. 
I was able to meet him thru his daughter when our grandsons played on the same baseball team. I followed Bonneville results starting when I was 12 and read about Karol and his 56 Ford Victoria. I continued thru the years as he competed on the salt in his 1960 Ford Starliner and on to a 1965 Mustang. I also followed his and Rodney Singers championship Lincoln gas dragster’s year during the NHRA fuel ban.
He was a true gentleman and always a pleasure to talk to when was in California or I was visiting him in Texas or on phone calls we made to each other. I’m sure many here will add to their time with this fine man.
Rest in Peace Mr. Miller…..JD Tone

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Passing of Karol Miller By DryLakesRacer ( 3 Months Ago )
Forum Post I never was privileged to meet Karol, but he and I have corresponded... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 3 Months Ago )
Forum Post Ted was going to see him Thursday past, but Karol said to wait until... By Joe-JDC ( 3 Months Ago )
Forum Post Joe I also was pleasantly surprised when I received a tee-shirt from... By DryLakesRacer ( 3 Months Ago )
Forum Post The passing of a Y-Block Icon. I'm so sorry I never got to meet him.... By MoonShadow ( 3 Months Ago )
Forum Post My condolences as well - so sorry to hear of his passing. Karol was... By Daniel Jessup ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Was privileged to have met Mr. Miller a few years ago. We had nearly... By yblock57 ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]yblock57 (7/1/2024)[/b][hr] Was privileged to have met... By Lord Gaga ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post The Brock Yates story of Karols early Bonneville could be found here... By DryLakesRacer ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]DryLakesRacer (7/1/2024)[/b][hr] The Brock Yates story... By DANIEL TINDER ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Rest in Peace Karol. I will miss those get togethers for lunch and... By Ted ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post RIP my hero. An article about him in the 1962 Hot Rod Performance... By slumlord444 ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Lord Gaga (7/30/2024)[/b][hr]Karol’s ‘56 was a stick... By Ted ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post I wish I had chance to meet him, he was one of my hero's. RIP By Lou ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Here are some more pictures of Karol. By Ted ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Great pics, Mr. Eaton! Your shop was his happy place. I tried to tag... By yblock57 ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Here are some pics of Karol’s ’56 Victoria at his memorial service.... By Ted ( Last Month )
Forum Post Ted, Is that the actual record car or a recreation? Karol was a hero... By Lord Gaga ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote][b]Lord Gaga (8/17/2024)[/b][hr] Ted, Is that the actual... By yblock57 ( Last Month )
Forum Post According to one of my letters from Karol, the orange and white car... By Hoosier Hurricane ( Last Month )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter