Profile Picture

Yblock Reunion

Posted By famdoc3 4 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Was at the reunion at All Fords Carlisle. It was fun for all. Great cars. Great weather. Great conversation! Thanks to all who attended and a big thanks to Rich for his role in putting it together! Got my car home safely on the “trailer of shame”. I am already working on it. The nature of hot rodding is breaking stuff leading to improvement, so an opportunity here. Shout out to all who attended and stopped to chat!

Mike, still lovin his 57 t'bird after 53 years!
MoonShadow
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Thanks to Richard Stuck for putting together the Y-Block Reunion at Carlisle's Ford meet. It was nice to meet him and his wife and Charlie Morris at the event. There were several great cars that I hadn't seen before including a 55 gasser sedan and the 31 coupe with a blown Y-Block and all the right old stuff. There was also a 57 station wagon with two Sniper carbs and a VS-57 that has been a race car for many years. A really great time and the fairground location was in the middle of the beast, convenient to everything.

There is only one thing that could have been better and that is if more of the 100 some people who said they were interested had shown up. On Friday the huge tent that Richard had set up wasn't half full due to a lack of attendance. Saturday added a couple more cars but still plenty of room for no-shows. It was very disappointing that after putting so much effort and co-ordination into this 70 year event. At less than a 10% response from those that said they were interested it is embarrassing. I know most of us are getting older and have a lot going on but this was dismal. The time and effort it takes to put an event like this together is immense. When an event like this goes unattended it makes the host think twice about doing anything else for the group. 

My apologies to Richard, Charlie and all involved in this gathering for the lack of support. And thank you for a great weekend.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
famdoc3
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)Supercharged (438 reputation)

So I got back home on the “trailer of shame” and fixed my steering with a new hoop replacement. I was a little worried that the 4 degree difference between my cowl steering and my split bones would induce excessive bump steer but all is well with the way it drives. As I get the motor broken in I continue to be amazed at how tractable it is and how much low end torque it seems to have. Hopefully you’re all enjoying the summer and not overheating. I sure am. MIKE

paul2748
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Ok - right side up

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1bab4473-d73c-4d49-ac53-364.jpeg

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

montana ford man
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Wished that event was closer, I would love to have been there.  Montana is a little far.  I take my car to local car shows and it’s probably 95% gm.  Forget ever winning anything(not that I want to). But the local car club is pretty much just scruby oriented   I guess I shouldn’t expect any thing different. My4 brothers and I race one of the few fords at the local stock car track in the 1970s  the rules were always voted on by the scruby guys to their advantage.  Sad. That people are so narrow minded.  Glad there are some great Yblocks guys out there
famdoc3
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Paul thanks for flipping me over! Don’t why that happens. MIKE

Robs36Ford
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (195 reputation)Supercharged (195 reputation)Supercharged (195 reputation)Supercharged (195 reputation)Supercharged (195 reputation)Supercharged (195 reputation)Supercharged (195 reputation)Supercharged (195 reputation)Supercharged (195 reputation)

Last Active: 37 minutes ago
Most of the time, if you use a phone camera, and the camera BUTTON is on the bottom or right of the screen, all is good when exporting to another computer.
However if the button is on the left or top,  then all photos with be upside down when exported to another computer. (Esp. Apple Flavour !)

PS. It was nice meeting you at Carlisle, you have a great car !

R

1936 Ford 3W Coupe : 56 T-Bird 312, 47 Packard 3 speed, 40 juice brakes.
1968 Merc Cyclone FB GT 390, Getting a better front clip!
1977 Ford F-250 Supercab RWD Explorer Long box.
1976 Chev Camaro RS LT
Future rebuild : 1949 Ford F-1

Reading This Topic

Site Meter