Profile Picture

McCulloch OVS supercharger CL Oregon

Posted By cos 4 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (435 reputation)Supercharged (435 reputation)Supercharged (435 reputation)Supercharged (435 reputation)Supercharged (435 reputation)Supercharged (435 reputation)Supercharged (435 reputation)Supercharged (435 reputation)Supercharged (435 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 hours ago
Hello  NOT MINE  Noticed on CL In Oregon.  Ad says  for Ford 312 ?   Search Eugene Oregon auto parts  on  CL      McCulloch OVS supercharger  Gresham Oregon. Way overpriced as I see it, aftermarket has some attachments.
miker
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
That’s a VS, not the VR series used on F codes. Kaiser used a very few, Studebaker used them for years. I don’t recognize the mounting brackets.

I’m also not familiar with those using an external oil supply. Maybe someone who knows will chime in. Looks like a core for rebuild, if that, given the rust on the brackets.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
MoonShadow
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The bracket looks like a Y-block. Way too pricey for me though.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
miker
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Thanks. I’ve never seen the top center mounts, just the left side that the bird used. Knew they made them from seeing your avatar.

Any clues on the oil lines?

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
MoonShadow
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
There are small hole plugs along the side of the block that access the side oiler tube. You can remove the front one and connect the hose there. I know loss of oil is a real killer for the McCullouch's and the oiler kit helps prevent that. The accessories with it should be worth around $500 so I think a number closer to $1000 would be fair. The head unit would likely need to be gone through or rebuilt and that would add another $500 or so. That said you will get 4-6 Lbs of boost from it. The unit I've run is not an OVS but regular oil checks have kept it alive. The internals turn at an extreme high RPM and should not be handled with bare hands to prevent flash rust. The carrier and the six balls in the drive are especially sensitive to touch. Also, one thing not pictured is the crank pulley for the Y-Block. Those can be hard to locate and also not cheap at around $100. I would expect you would spend another $1000 to get it up and running correctly but if money is not the object I think its worth it.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter