Profile Picture

Fuel pump

Posted By montana ford man Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I’ve been having a little trouble with my duel action fuel pump on my 55 crown. It just doesn’t pump enough gas. I’ve had it apart 3 times and there isn’t much I can do without a rebuild kit. The last thing I want is to have my pump quit this summer when I start driving my car.  I know there is a lot of junk out there, what is a good pump to buy?    Just like to hear what you guys are running .  Thanks
MoonShadow
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
FE pumps will work. I've been using a HiPo pump for a 427 Ford on my Y for years.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
montana ford man
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)

I know I can use a regular ford fuel pump but I want to keep my vacuum wipers. I don’t drive my car when it’s raining but I would like everything to work like it did in the 50s. 
55blacktie
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Try Arthur Gould (agrebuilders.com)
KULTULZ
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

I know there is a lot of junk out there, what is a good pump to buy?

You want to rebuild (or have rebuilt) your pump. Do not let the pump go as a core. They are getting hard to find.

Have you performed a pressure and volume test?

montana ford man
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Will check it out ,thanks
montana ford man
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The engine seems to run fine in the garage( not on the road yet) but the clear filter is only about 1/4 full. Took hose off carburetor and turned it over and it doesn’t seem to squirt very much. I’ve got a new fuel tank and gas so it shouldn’t be plugged up. I will try checking the pressure but it’s given me problems the last year or so
Deyomatic
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)

Can the vacuum wipers just be plumbed into a different vacuum source?
KULTULZ
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Deyomatic (4/23/2024)

Can the vacuum wipers just be plumbed into a different vacuum source?

Not unless you have a secondary vacuum source, say an electric vacuum pump.

The wiper motor operates off manifold vacuum. Once the manifold vacuum drops (as when pulling a grade or passing), the vacuum pump on the fuel pump cuts in and supplies the necessary vacuum (hopefully) to operate the wipers.

You need to perform a fuel pump pressure and volume delivery test to start. You also need a vacuum/pressure gauge. Do you have a correct WORKSHOP MANUAL to guide you?

READ THIS - http://fordfe.info/FuelTS.html

Lou
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
i  don't think your fuel pump is the problem.
Something is restricting the gas before it gets to the pump.
I have owned 7 55 Fords including 5 CV and 3 56 Fords including 2 CV.
I have found that the fuel pump works, or they don't  work, no in between. 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter