Profile Picture

Heater blower motor rebuilder

Posted By cokefirst Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Does anyone know of a rebuilder for the heater blower motors?  The blower motor for my 1956 Thunderbird works but needs to be rewired.  While I m at it, I think that the brushes need to be replaced and a good cleaning of the motor including the commutator.  Thanks!
FORD DEARBORN
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
If you lived near south eastern Michigan I could more than likely help you out. Otherwise, if there is an electric motor shop in your area they could do the job. Sometimes the shops that rebuild starters and alternators could do this kind of work also. Your local autoparts store could ask their alternator/starter rebuilder if they would overhaul the motor for you.  More than likely, it needs nothing more than a good cleaning to get rid of the old dried out lube and dirt then add a little fresh lube.  The brushes and bearings are probably good, especially if the car is from a warm climate region. 

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
cokefirst
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
thank you for the information.  The motor works ok, but the wires, after almost 70 years, are hard and frayed.  I purchased a new set of wires to replace the old ones, and I will try and do this myself.  I tried all the electric motor shops in my area and they only work on the bigger motors.  We have a few alternator, generator, starter rebuilders in the area but they tell me they do not work on the small motors.  I did find a shop in Long Beach, CA that does it, but the quality is less than stellar.  

Reading This Topic

Site Meter