Profile Picture

Honda Connecting Rods

Posted By Big Tim 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Does anyone know what Honda connecting rod is typically used when building a stroker motor to cut down on the interference of the cam lobes?

From some of the numbers i've found its probably from the R18a motors but I figured i'd ask before I pull the trigger. I'm not currently building a stroker, just wanting to get some used stock rods from the junkyard to play around with.

Thank you

Tim
Joe-JDC
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I used Eagle 6.250" Honda rods, Crower 6.400" Honda Rod, and Eagle 6.300" Honda rods, Oliver 6.250" SBC rod journals.  I believe Ted E. uses the Eagle rods with the Honda journal.  Joe-JDC

JDC
charliemccraney
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
To the best of my knowledge, Honda journal sizes have only been used on custom crankshafts and will not work on a modified stock crank because of the oil hole positioning.

The length required depends to some degree on your build and how big you want to go.  In other words, what someone else used is not necessarily what you will need.  The journal size is 1.888."  Take a look at the crank and see if it looks like that would even work.

Lawrenceville, GA
Joe-JDC
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
On my 2019 EMC 303Y, Ted had the rod journals cut down to Honda size with a .011" stroke increase per rules for the Vintage Iron class.  It was successful, and the oil hole remained due to the stroke not changing more than .011".  A stroke increase would move the oil hole.  Joe-JDC

JDC
Big Tim
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Joe-JDC (3/20/2024)
I used Eagle 6.250" Honda rods, Crower 6.400" Honda Rod, and Eagle 6.300" Honda rods, Oliver 6.250" SBC rod journals.  I believe Ted E. uses the Eagle rods with the Honda journal.  Joe-JDC

Thank you Joe. That gives even more credibility that they are base off the R18a rods as they have a C-C dimension of 6.2010" with the big end being 1.8901"

https://pauter.com/parts/rods/acura-honda/

R18A46.2010(C-C)
1.8901(BE)
0.7600(BEW)
0.7880(SE)
0.7600(SEW)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter