Profile Picture

Testing 54 lincoln fuel sending unit

Posted By B-rad 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Pulled the sending unit outta the tank. Cleaned and painted the tank, and want to see if the sending unit is still good. Tried a few things but couldn't get any movement from the meter.

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Testing 54 lincoln fuel sending unit By B-rad ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Have you tried grounding the sending unit wire to the vehicle? If... By Ted ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Here’s an old post, it won’t answer your question, but gives you a... By miker ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post This would be a bench test since the unit is outta the tank and I have... By B-rad ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post There should be continunity through the sender while on the bench. I... By FORD DEARBORN ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post B-Rad.....I thought that you had said in a previous post that you... By alanfreeman ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post I was under the impression that I could put a restriction, or whatever... By B-rad ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post 55 and earlier was 6 volts. 1956 only, at least on the Fords, was 12... By miker ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Yeah. That solution is here already. The radio was removed before I... By B-rad ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Typically the voltage reducer goes on the hot wire that feed both the... By miker ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Miker. I'll be asking a few more questions later on regarding... By B-rad ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Miker....if your logic is correct then why is the sending unit for the... By alanfreeman ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post The question I have now is, is there a need for a reducer for the fuel... By B-rad ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Alan, For reasons not clear to me, 56 was the only year Ford ran the... By miker ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Thanks again Mike. I owe you a whole lot of beers where you come down... By B-rad ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Haha. As soon as the grandkids looking at colleges down there, and... By miker ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post So what I'm hearing out there is that there's not a way to check a... By B-rad ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post What makes this difficult to answer is your sender is a different... By FORD DEARBORN ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post OK, thanks for the info. So if I have a 6 volt battery and hopefully... By B-rad ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post If the battery was installed in the vehicle then the system would be... By FORD DEARBORN ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post I could put battery in the interior of the car and hook jumpers to the... By B-rad ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Yes that would work. But make yourself a jumper up with an inline... By miker ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post OK. So I brought a 6 volt rv battery into the interior of my Lincoln.... By B-rad ( Last Month )
Forum Post It is usually very tight behind an instrument panel. Since at this... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Month )
Forum Post I like FD’ s idea of back feeding the radio line. Make sure... By miker ( Last Month )
Forum Post RE: Testing 54 lincoln fuel sending unit By KULTULZ ( Last Month )
Forum Post Miker, I was hooked up to the temp gauge, not fuel gauge. I don't know... By B-rad ( Last Month )
Forum Post I get that. But without knowing the spec for both senders I wouldn’t... By miker ( Last Month )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter