Profile Picture

Inductive firing

Posted By Richard 4 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Not sure of the term buts two spark wires firing next to each other causing an ark..
Is there two spark plug wires that should not run next to each other.

Also I learned the hard way on the block mounted spark plug brackets a stud and nut is much better then a bolt. Even then the stud is very hard to instal on the left side.  

Thanks,
Richard
Ted
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 16 hours ago
Here’s the link to a previous post covering how the spark plug wiring should be routed.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/FindPost151287.aspx

Cylinders 1 & 2 on the right side and cylinders 6 & 8 on the left side are susceptible to induction firing if the spark plug wires for those particular cylinders are running parallel to each other.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

paul2748
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Ford issued a service bulletin about the wires in the brackets.  I don't have it handy or else I would post it.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter