Profile Picture

Not a y-block problem, a WINDOW problem

Posted By Jack Groat 4 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Months Ago
My '56 Victoria broke a window roller.  I ordered a bunch of new ones on the internet.  Fit fine, looked like perfect replacement part.  Twice now, the rollers have jumped out of the track and the window falls down when the door is slammed.  

QUESTION:  Are there different sizes of these rollers and how can I find the proper size (slightly larger than the ones I have now)
paul2748
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Are you sure you installed them the correct way ?

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Deyomatic
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)Supercharged (623 reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Were they from one or any of the big Ford parts places...Dennis Carpenter, Mac's, etc.?
Jack Groat
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)

Yah, I am sure they were installed correctly
Jack Groat
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I did NOT buy them from an established supplier.  I looked up D. Carpenter and he wants $5.50 each, far more than I paid.  Says OEM replacement.  I have a lot of faith in D. Carpenter so I plan to call Monday and talk to someone who may know.  I have no problem with the price if they work.
miker
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
It’s been several years, but I replaced the rollers in my 55 bird, parts from Larry’s Thunderbird. Alway had good luck with Larry’s. One broke and failed in probably 30 cycles up and down. Replacement was fine. So it might be a bit of a crap shoot, hard to tell with 1 out of 4 being the sample size.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter