Profile Picture

ECZG OEM Valve Guide Outside Diameter

Posted By 55blacktie Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 47 minutes ago
What is the outside diameter of OEM valve guides? I see 0.500 more than anything else, but mine measure closer to 0.575. I bought 11/32 x 0.500 viton valve seals, but I think 0.530 would require less cutting of the guides in order to fit. Sometimes less is more. 
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
I get 0.585” at the upper part of the guides on a pair of heads sitting in front of me.  I typically get away with using 0.562” seals but there are some heads that have just enough of an offset at the hole that necessitates using a 0.530” seal.  I do not use 0.500” seals unless there’s a spring fitment issue when trying to use the larger diameter seals.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 47 minutes ago
Thank you, Ted.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter