Profile Picture

Rollmaster CS4060 vs CS4065

Posted By 55blacktie Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
What is the difference between these two Rollmaster timing chain sets, other than the CS4065 has "gold" chain links? Is there anything wrong with CS4060? Mine is still in the box.

Well, I think I found the answer to my first question. The CS4060 Red Series is made of "standard" billet, whereas the Gold Series is made of "premium" billet and the gears are nitrited. The gold series specifically mentions Iwis chain, but both chains are German-made. 

One would conclude that the Gold Series is a superior product, but the Red Series must be superior to OEM. 
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
It’s been a while back now, but I had a Rollmaster dealer tell me the IWIS chains were made in Japan.  In doing some research on IWIS chains, I found this.

Besides its production plants in Germany (Munich, Landsberg, Wilnsdorf, Sontra, Neugablonz and Rieden) and in China, the USA and the Czech Republic, it has subsidiaries in various European and overseas countries, including Brazil, UK, France, India, Italy, Canada, Korea, Switzerland, Singapore and South Africa. iwis is represented at a total of 45 locations worldwide.

News, trade fairs and events - iwis

www.iwis.com/en-en/about-us/news/new-plant-opened-in-china-~news56061
www.iwis.com/en-en/about-us/news/new-plant-opened-in-china-~news56061  

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

I must lead a sheltered life because I never heard of IWIS until I made the comparison between Red & Gold Series. 
Joe-JDC
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 minutes ago
Back in January 1995, my wife and I visited our son who was stationed at Yokota AB, Japan.  He was required to spend some time with the local Japanese learning the language, customs, and trying to establish good will with them.  We were asked to go to the meeting with him and his wife to interact with the Japanese and give them an opportunity to practice their English with us.  There was folk there from many different walks of life, but one particular arrogant fellow was an engineer with the local manufacturing enterprise.  He bragged about how he was responsible for designing the timing chain for the Ford Taurus SHO which had the very long timing chain for the overhead camshafts and their gears.  That was when the SHO used the Yahama engine.  The point being that many of our Ford parts are designed, manufactured, and shipped from some of the most surprising places in the world.  We were there when the Kobe earthquake shook Japan with a 7.2.  I was very glad to get back on US soil after that experience.   Hopefully the timing chains and gears we get today for the Y are of quality materials that will last us for the duration.  Joe-JDC  

JDC
55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I recently read that some of the best wire used for valve springs is manufactured in Japan by Suzuki Garphyttan, which is part of the Nippon Steel Corporation. 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter