Profile Picture

Power steering parts or part numbers wanted:

Posted By PF Arcand Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
For a 57-58 Ford car conversion to  stk. power Steering; (prefer a N. West coast or Canadian location  for parts if possible);
The double belt pulley for front of the Crank..
A  Power Steering Draglink for same. 
    Any help appreciated.. thanks --    

Paul
KULTULZ
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
You are converting from M/S to P/S on a 57 FORD PASS CAR FYB (no P/S or A/C)?

There are slight differences on the 57 and 58 FORD due to STR BOX and PUMP STYLE. So you have to decide which year to work with to make it a bit easier for parts sources (IMO).

The early run 1957 FORD also used a carryover from the 1956 model year so there is another thing to watch for.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/75e9ea37-1150-489f-afbc-5c2f.png

FORD DEARBORN
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Paul, I too started to collect power steering parts when I decided to install power steering in my 64 F100. I was very fortunate to find a NOS kit by Ford for my truck and purchased it. I have an excellent Eaton pump with Y-block brackets. The internals of this pump were in good shape but I found a genuine Ford NOS "impeller" kit, installed it with new seals. It came with the straight/flat pulley and the reservoir has been repaired at one area. I have no idea if this pump will work for you or not. Many of these pumps were the same basic housing fitting several applications.  Also have a single shiv pulley that bolts to the damper. I'll take $150 + shipping for all.  If interested, I will be glad to  email pics. 

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
PF Arcand
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Thanks for your replies; The partial Power  steer parts available to me are '58s & by Dennis Carpenters older catalogue are mostly the same as 57's. My  old bad steering box was previously replaced with a 58 box. The box is essentially a bolt in, with the exception of the Horn setup, which is another story!.. The parts available to me are '58s, because for whatever reason ,the owner decided to alter his car to some type of electric setup, leaving some pieces.. If I have it correct (?) I will need a  57,58 "Drag link" (for power steering) & I don't have a part number for it.. I have the Power steer Idler Arm kit  # & for the 2 main power steer hoses. And  I may be able find those locally locally, but if not D. Carpenters "Older Cat" lists them,  but I have to import those to Canada. .  Their new Catalogue is currently out of print & not expected for some months.  I found their on line one very hard to use ( I have minimum computer skills..)  I also need an add on or double pulley for the front of the Crankshaft & I don't have that part number either.. Any help appreciated.. 

Paul
KULTULZ
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

The correct DRAG LINK PN is B7A 3304-A and fits both a 57 and 58

Now, do you have the single sheave balancer?

PF Arcand
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Sorry for my late replies. -  First, thanks Kultulz for the Drag link part number.. No I don't have a Double or 2nd add on factory pulley if that exists.?, Other than the new aluminum  ad on one, that J. Mummert advertises.. . Ford Dearborn - thanks for your offer of parts. Problem is they are for a truck & probably don't fit..?  What I've been able to check out indicates that most of the parts are sedan only & mostly 57-58..  

Paul
KULTULZ
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Below is the MPC outer pulley (6A312) application chart -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4f006eba-17d3-4fbf-8dbd-f1e5.png

There will be a difference in the outer single sheave pulley (292CI - 6A312) as the 1958 PS PUMP was different from the 1957 pump (similar to the box upgrade). Your pump ID will help in looking for the correct outer pulley application.

FORD DEARBORN
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
For what it may be worth, the pump and related bracketry stated 60-61 Ford car when I received those parts from a seller on epay.  Maybe you can make that pump work for you? My thoughts when I purchased it were to make sure it was a good candidate for rebuilding, get in on the engine then go from there. My offer still stands to email you pics of the parts if you would like. 

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I want to belatedly thank everyone who replied to my Power Steer parts enquiries.  Your info has been helpful, but for the time being, the project is on the back burner until further notice.  Thanks again..     

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter