Profile Picture

WTB T-85 R11 overdrive tranny

Posted By russonator Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Seeking a T-85 R11 overdrive tranny in good working order, ideally within reasonable driving distance of southeast PA. This is going into a ‘57 Ford 312 dual quad passenger car from which I have just removed the original Ford-O-Matic.

12/9/2023 UPDATE:
Overdrive identifier on tailshaft should be R11-1J. Overall length (from face of transmission to end of tailshaft) is roughly 34.5 inches.

Please send a PM or email rbh3rd@yahoo.com with pics, location, asking price, and a number to reach you.

Many thanks,
Russ (AKA russonator)

NoShortcuts
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Russ.  Thanks for including your email address.  I'm one of the Forum members who is able to reply to Forum member postings and email messages (correspondence) sent to me by others, but unable to initiate communication with a Forum member myself.   

I've sent you an email with some information that may be of help with your search for a T-85 with R-11 overdrive.

Hope this helps!  Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
russonator
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Well, my search is over. Got this freshly rebuilt T85-R11-1J from Mike Miles out of the Milwaukee area. This is the correct original O/D transmission for '57 312 Ford passenger cars. Mike is one of the few remaining gurus on these old B/W transmissions and did a superior job on the rebuild. I'm very fortunate to have found him.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c9bed0bc-9384-442c-a758-b3e5.png
Daniel Jessup
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Can you share contact information? Looking for a 1956 Ford specific transmission mount - maybe Mike Miles has one.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

cos
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Hello   What rear mount are you looking for.  The  T-85s  used different places  (spacing)on OD  output shaft  housing. over  the years. Remember later 60s of using a T-85 OD out of 56 mercury in 55 ford and don't recall any thing  special. The 56 TB used a special adapter( because it was a 56 Merc trans)  to make it fit. You can tell a original 56 TB T-85 OD because, were the  special bracket  bolted on to trans  tail housing it was machined flat to accept adapter. Been looking  for one( bracket) for a friend a long time. 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter